OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unbelieveable curl

Started by misfire, May 30, 2011, 06:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Actually got this one turned this afternoon. Had a guy send me this wood a few years ago, made a beautiful box call out of it with a birdseye maple paddle and gave that to a really good friend who has taken a few birds with it. The guy I got the wood from said they were making pallets out of this, couldnt believe it!!!!!! Some of the most amazing curl I have ever seen in a piece of cherry. The ferule is elk antler and the mouthpiece is buffalo horn.

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

selinoid44

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

kenturkey89

Brian

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

savduck

Georgia Boy

culpeper

I would agree that is some remarkable curly cherry :z-winnersmiley:

barry

Very nice!

Just think how nice those pallets were! ::)

misfire

Quote from: barry on May 31, 2011, 03:10:33 PM
Very nice!

Just think how nice those pallets were! ::)

I want to know what kind of bozo uses wood that nice for a pallet to begin with???!!! He needs to be flogged, drawn and quartered, waterboarded, tazed and then hung for such an atrocious act! ;D

www.misfiregamecalls.net

savduck

A lot of the lumber for the building industry is coming from South America and the Pacific Island. you would be surprised what type lumber gets used for pallets. Some of the lumber companies are smart enough to have someone strip them down and plane them, but a bunch gets thrown away. I personally have seen Mahogany, ebony, and Brazilian Cherry.

The Brazilian Cherry I saw came in 1.25 by 8 planks. The shipping manager planed them down and made himself some sand and finish wood floors in his pool table room. Very Beautiful.
Georgia Boy

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

bbcustomboxcalls

turkey slayer

that is some pretty wood!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TarheelTurk

WHOOO WEEE ! That is a great looking caller. Great Job
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

misfire

Thanks everyone, gonna have to make another one, other one sold too quick ;D

www.misfiregamecalls.net