News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking to get a 20 gauge

Started by wvufan22, May 22, 2021, 01:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Matt76cmich on May 22, 2021, 02:02:32 PM
I have zero complaints with my M3020 so far. Just added the steadygrip stock to it. Debating on getting it drilled and tapped

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
What's the barrel length on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on May 23, 2021, 05:15:32 PM
Quote from: Matt76cmich on May 22, 2021, 02:02:32 PM
I have zero complaints with my M3020 so far. Just added the steadygrip stock to it. Debating on getting it drilled and tapped

What's the barrel length on that?

26"

BINK McCARTY

Love both my M3020s...I started out with the 26" in bottomland camo and then won one on gunbroker for quite a bit south of $500. The one from gunbroker is the 24" turkey model with the awful lookin front post sight and the peep sight in the rear. But I've already got another 24" barrel in Obsession without that post on it, and it has a rib- I just like the look of a shotgun with a rib on it. Anyways, gonna get the steadygrip stock and have it fitted to it and that will be that!
In the way of patterns...336/10 with Indian Creek  .570 & 337/10 with Indian Creek  .562 using Apex 3" 1 5/8oz 9s @ 40 yds. I thought about the Affinity 3 but the only way to get it with a 24" bbl. with a rib is the compact version, then I'd have to have it dipped. So , I went with the Stoeger which was about $300 cheaper than the A3. Get the Stoeger and have the pistol grip put on it. PM me and I can help you out. Good luck!

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on May 24, 2021, 04:21:17 AM
Love both my M3020s...I started out with the 26" in bottomland camo and then won one on gunbroker for quite a bit south of $500. The one from gunbroker is the 24" turkey model with the awful lookin front post sight and the peep sight in the rear. But I've already got another 24" barrel in Obsession without that post on it, and it has a rib- I just like the look of a shotgun with a rib on it. Anyways, gonna get the steadygrip stock and have it fitted to it and that will be that!
In the way of patterns...336/10 with Indian Creek  .570 & 337/10 with Indian Creek  .562 using Apex 3" 1 5/8oz 9s @ 40 yds. I thought about the Affinity 3 but the only way to get it with a 24" bbl. with a rib is the compact version, then I'd have to have it dipped. So , I went with the Stoeger which was about $300 cheaper than the A3. Get the Stoeger and have the pistol grip put on it. PM me and I can help you out. Good luck!
I'm with you in the ventilated rib.  Ever since I was a kid I preferred them.  A gun without one is a deal breaker for me. 

grousec

Love my Tristar Viper G2 Turkey 20 ga.

Turkeyfever

I have two m3020, the 24 inch turkey gun and a 26 barrel with mossy oak bottomland. I put a Nikon Spur on the turkey edition and just shoot the bead on the other. Both are great shooting guns ! I do not like the front sight at all on the turkey edition but with the Nikon Spur I do not use it anyway. Great guns!

ChesterCopperpot

If you can find a used CZ920 that's a hell of a rig. I love mine. They still make a 720 too, only difference being the recoil spring is in the foreend instead of in the stock so the foregrip is a bit heftier. Even make those 720s with shorter barrels.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 07, 2022, 11:41:51 AM
If you can find a used CZ920 that's a hell of a rig. I love mine. They still make a 720 too, only difference being the recoil spring is in the foreend instead of in the stock so the foregrip is a bit heftier. Even make those 720s with shorter barrels.

Thanks for posting this gun again!  I enjoy looking at it!

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on January 09, 2022, 07:00:37 AM

Thanks for posting this gun again!  I enjoy looking at it!

It's got a Holosun 507c-gr on it now. We fooled around with it some last summer once I did that and this was an Apex #9 pattern at 60yds. Probably need to come up and right a fuzz but that's about as good a 10" pattern as I'd ever hope to see from a 20ga at a distance like that. Surprisingly shot well at 20yds too with that load and choke, was still plenty open.

VAHUNTER

Beautiful !!
Good things come to those who wait

Gawhitaker

The tri star G2 is available again

surehuntsalot

another vote for the Stoeger 3020
it's not the harvest,it's the chase