turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Glass Hammer by N&H

Started by TrackeySauresRex, May 19, 2021, 08:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

I picked one of these up in a clearance bin a few years ago for 6 bucks. I was  going to give it away but decided to give it a spin before doing so.  The right striker was the game changer. Mann do the birds sing to this cheap thing. All the gear we've accumulated over the years, I think this one is my favorite pots, I sanded the back side of it and get great sound on the flip as well. I love custom calls and craftsmanship but this is my new go to. Does anyone have a go to that was thought to be junk?
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Nathan_Wiles

HS Strut Triple Glass $5 on clearance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Fall of the year I carry an HS strut "little deuce" I believe it's called. Paired with a plexiglass striker it'll run wet and can produce kee-kee's quite well. Glad surface. Junk in my book but it works quite well for those squirrel/bow hunts that turn turkey in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 20, 2021, 08:24:18 AM
Fall of the year I carry an HS strut "little deuce" I believe it's called. Paired with a plexiglass striker it'll run wet and can produce kee-kee's quite well. Glad surface. Junk in my book but it works quite well for those squirrel/bow hunts that turn turkey in a hurry.

I used to have one of those. Killed several gobblers using it.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Dtrkyman

Killed my first Missouri bird on public land with a lil deuce!

Long time ago, still have it, haven't used it in years!

btomlin

HS Lil Dueces junk?!?!  Blasphemy! :)

I have a glass and a slate that I pull out when I don't want to play fair any more.  I have called a lot of birds in with those 2 calls and my confidence is through the roof with them.  I figure as long as fans are legal, my lil dueces will be also. :)

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: btomlin on May 20, 2021, 10:15:35 AM

I have a glass and a slate that I pull out when I don't want to play fair any more.  I have called a lot of birds in with those 2 calls and my confidence is through the roof with them.  I figure as long as fans are legal, my lil dueces will be also. :)
I'm with you there, I'll run my custom stuff and give them a a go but when that just ain't cutting it, out comes the slate lil' duece and call the bird in

wvmntnhick

Quote from: btomlin on May 20, 2021, 10:15:35 AM

When compared to the custom pots many are running these days, yes. That doesn't mean they don't work. It's just not a call that many of the people in the board are going to be pulling out of their stash these days. I've got a primos power crystal that could still see some time in the woods. And if I hadn't gotten rid of the K&H Ol' Yeller, it would see some field use still too. But, given the circumstances now, I generally just slap a Yingling pot in my hands and let it rip.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on May 19, 2021, 08:41:42 PM
I picked one of these up in a clearance bin a few years ago for 6 bucks. I was  going to give it away but decided to give it a spin before doing so.  The right striker was the game changer. Mann do the birds sing to this cheap thing. All the gear we've accumulated over the years, I think this one is my favorite pots, I sanded the back side of it and get great sound on the flip as well. I love custom calls and craftsmanship but this is my new go to. Does anyone have a go to that was thought to be junk?
I dont know if it was considered junk but I have a Knight and Hale model 150 push button call I gave $7 many years ago that has"IT". It has been the demise of many gobs.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

grayfox

One of the first calls I bought was a $20 plastic pot with aluminum on the main surface & a smaller slate on the back. Called in more gobblers with that call than any other call I have.

squidd

$10 plastic Primos but of course can't find it - still have the green plastic-end striker

Which Gun

HS triple glass here also. Rides in my vest everyday.