turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Light weight Turkey hunting chairs

Started by jbrown, May 17, 2021, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

I've got 2 folding Turkey hunting chairs, one is made by Alps, both chairs are perfect except they are both too heavy. One chair is 8 lbs, the other is 7 lbs. I've heard some guys talking about chairs that are much lighter, maybe half what my chairs weigh. If any of you know of such a chair I would like to take a look at it, please send any information of where I could find one.

Tail Feathers

The one Wal Mart sells right now is 6.4 pounds.  I wish I could find one with a titanium frame at 2.5 lbs but I guess that won't happen.
I carried the WM one this season and that half pound less was noticeable.

Oh yeh, it was said that the WM chair was 4.6, that was an error.  It's 6.4 lbs.  Very comfortable.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BDeal

Lafuma CB Low Camp Chair. Liked mine so much I bought a second one. I found out about it here a couple years ago. I believe it weighs around 2 lbs.

Dtrkyman

Second Lafuma low chair, probably not big boy approved though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

I did a quick search.  Unless I mis-read the $$ it is a deep pockets chair.  If actually 2# probably worth it.  I often use an original Gobbler Lounger and if running and gunning carry only a piece of foam stadium pad.

BDeal

Quote from: joey46 on May 18, 2021, 01:36:29 PM
I did a quick search.  Unless I mis-read the $$ it is a deep pockets chair.  If actually 2# probably worth it.  I often use an original Gobbler Lounger and if running and gunning carry only a piece of foam stadium pad.

I paid around $50 including shipping.

TonyTurk

Crazy Creek Hex 2.0.  Weighs about a pound and a half, if I recall correctly.

Dtrkyman

Tail Feathers

Do you carry it in your vest game bag or over the shoulder?
Looks like over the shoulder would have it bumping around too much at 20" high.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

joey46

I'll look again.  Everything I was bringing up was $129 and up.  My Gobbler Lounger is about done so I will be shopping in the off season.

howl

Alps has made an aluminum one for camping. Everyone harass them until they make a camo one.

Dtrkyman

Over shoulder, it folds flat no issues toting it!

BDeal

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 20, 2021, 11:28:47 AM
Over shoulder, it folds flat no issues toting it!

This is how I carry mine as well. I bought a tan one and sprayed some blotches of flat black spray paint on it to break it up a bit.

wchadw

Quote from: howl on May 19, 2021, 10:10:33 AM
Alps has made an aluminum one for camping. Everyone harass them until they make a camo one.
Need camo with sling. I have one I painted brown

yelpaholic

buddy has a millenium turkey seat its pretty neat a little bulky though but you can sit for a while in it