OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington 870 / 16 ga.  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Remington 870 / 16 ga.
« on: May 17, 2021, 10:30:36 PM »
Can a improved cylinder barrel be threaded for choke tube's ?   16 ga. barrel

Offline Mkeller

Re: Remington 870 / 16 ga.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 06:53:51 PM »
I had a gunsmith tell me on some brands it can depend gun to gun due to tolerances.  Said worse case scenario an adjustable choke could be installed.  I'm kind of in the same dilemma as you,  I hate to buy a gun that can't be threaded.  I  have leaned more toward looking at the modified and full choked barrels thinking there would be more material to work with than a more open choked barrel.  I'm usually wrong though, just ask my wife lol.  Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out or do.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Remington 870 / 16 ga.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 07:57:52 PM »
I had a gunsmith tell me on some brands it can depend gun to gun due to tolerances.  Said worse case scenario an adjustable choke could be installed.  I'm kind of in the same dilemma as you,  I hate to buy a gun that can't be threaded.  I  have leaned more toward looking at the modified and full choked barrels thinking there would be more material to work with than a more open choked barrel.  I'm usually wrong though, just ask my wife lol.  Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out or do.
  Yes , i have wingmaster 870 / 16 ga. with 26 inch barrel, but it's improved choke.. so i was thinking do i want to try this or just leave the gun original...