turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ALPS Super Elite 4.0 Vest Fit?

Started by BDeal, May 17, 2021, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

I'm looking at buying this vest and am curious about the sizing. I am typically an XL (6'1 230 lb)  so I'm planning on getting this in XL/XXL but I recently bought (and returned) a Primos Gobbler 2 in Xl/XXL as it was huge. Does anyone know if the ALPS vest fits a little on the smaller or larger end?

Thank You!

Crghss

I'm 6' 240, all my shirts are XXL. Originally bought the XL/XXL. It was huge, especially around the belly. I returned the vest and got the next smaller size, M/L. It fit well except around the arms it was tight around shoulder/armpits.

With COVID shutting down the gym and a little use it fits fine now. I use to lift some heavy weights but those days are over. I was hunting in 30 degree weather this year and had layers of clothes on. The sizing around the shoulders didn't bother me this year.

One thing I didn't care for. The box call pocket is on top of the pots call pockets. This hinders access a little. Alway wished that they switched these around with box call on the bottom. I constantly switch pots I'm using as I roam around, YMMV. I thought I saw a newer Alps vest with this configuration.

Overall I love the vest as I carry a lot of calls. There is plenty of room in this vest.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

BDeal

Pluffmud

Im smaller frame. I tried on a lot of popular brand in M/L sized vests. They all ran a little too big for me. I finally tried on the alps 4.0 elite and the fit eas more my size. That to say, I think they may run a little smaller than other vests.
Psalm 46:10

Sanders153

Quote from: Pluffmud on May 17, 2021, 03:16:38 PM
Im smaller frame. I tried on a lot of popular brand in M/L sized vests. They all ran a little too big for me. I finally tried on the alps 4.0 elite and the fit eas more my size. That to say, I think they may run a little smaller than other vests.

I got the same impression with mine

WV Flopper

I have this vest, at your size I don't think you'll need the XL. Tag on the inside of mine says XL, only XL. Have worn mine for 3 seasons I think. Around 80 trips to the woods, if it survives next year I will be surprised. It is heavy, it is hot. But, I think well built, even though I only have 80 trips in it.

I HATE the box call on top. All other pockets I am cool with, love the interior pockets. All 3 things I dislike about it I mentioned. Would/will buy again if available.

BDeal

It seems like the feedback in reading the reviews about this vest is pretty inconsistent in regard to the sizing. Any additional comments are welcome!! Otherwise I guess I will just need to guess on size and order one.

Thank You!

Sanders153

The sides of the arm holes hang out a good ways as well. I'm 5'9 / 185 lbs and have to cinch mine down all the way. I think you would be alright with the M/L sizing, I would try that first

BDeal

Quote from: Sanders153 on May 18, 2021, 12:22:07 PM
The sides of the arm holes hang out a good ways as well. I'm 5'9 / 185 lbs and have to cinch mine down all the way. I think you would be alright with the M/L sizing, I would try that first

Thanks for the info. It just seems odd that a M/L would fit when I have always worn XL or XXL.

BDeal

Well I ordered the M/L and it is tiny. It is way too tight in the arms and shoulders with just a T-shirt on. I sent it back in exchange for the XL/XXL. I'm hoping that one is not too small as well as it seems like a nice vest.