News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sheer idiocy

Started by ChesterCopperpot, May 14, 2021, 08:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on May 15, 2021, 09:54:19 AM
All it's going to take is one poacher and that guy will be a statistic!
100%. People like to act like this is okay on private land, but there's trespassers out there using rifles. Just because you're doing something "legal" does not mean it's smart, and even on your own private land you can't assume what others are doing, especially if they're illegally trespassing.

Hopefully more states follow suit to Alabama, Michigan and a couple others and make this totally illegal.

Howie g

Play silly games = get silly prizes!

Jimspur

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on May 14, 2021, 08:22:35 PM
But yeah, these folks DO appear to be that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case any of you don't know, Jake Huebschman is "Jake" from "The Hunting Public" YouTube channel. This young man is probably over the moon since Jake liked his photo. I don't know for sure whether this is a stunt, or if he really used that head decoy. It doesn't matter because some idiot will make one himself in order to get a couple likes on Fakebook.
I'm embarrassed to be lumped in with them as a "turkey hunter".

NCL

Definitely a candidate for the Darwin Awards

Pluffmud

Quote from: HookedonHooks on May 15, 2021, 10:10:04 AM
100%. People like to act like this is okay on private land, but there's trespassers out there using rifles. Just because you're doing something "legal" does not mean it's smart, and even on your own private land you can't assume what others are doing, especially if they're illegally trespassing.

Hopefully more states follow suit to Alabama, Michigan and a couple others and make this totally illegal.

It is ok on private land. Likes on Instagram is a culture issue in the hunting and fishing community right now for sure. What is also an issue, is government over reach, disguised as care and compassion, with intentions to widdle away at the Bill of Rights. If you think likes on Instagram is bad, Ill raise you one and argue that our future generations are softening as men and women due to being handed everything and protected from everything.

You are correct. Poachers poach, and you are not 100 percent safe on your own land. But quite frankly, if its not your land, its really not any of your business. Im assuming a risk when I reap on private land. That's MY decision. No one else should be on my land. They are breaking the law. If I am shot, thats unfortunate. I assumed that risk. It matters nothing to you, and you have no say regarding the matter, as it does not affect you. It is absolutely asanine for the govt to regulate me on my own property.  If I want to pour gasoline on myself and try jumping through a burning tire while rolling on MY property, thats MY business. Is it stupid? Yes. Do others think its safe? No. Is it there business? Absolutely not, and they dang sure aint gonna tell me I cant. Same goes for anything else.

By all means. On public land, where it is for public use, and others safety are in danger, these things should be regulated. Not on private ground. I am responsible for my own safety, and I assume that liabilty. Id rather die a free man at a young age, than an old man who has had his liberties stripped from him.
Psalm 46:10

Sasha and Abby

decoys...

what a joke...

great for kids though...

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Pluffmud on May 15, 2021, 12:12:14 PM
Quote from: HookedonHooks on May 15, 2021, 10:10:04 AM

It is ok on private land. Likes on Instagram is a culture issue in the hunting and fishing community right now for sure. What is also an issue, is government over reach, disguised as care and compassion, with intentions to widdle away at the Bill of Rights. If you think likes on Instagram is bad, Ill raise you one and argue that our future generations are softening as men and women due to being handed everything and protected from everything.

You are correct. Poachers poach, and you are not 100 percent safe on your own land. But quite frankly, if its not your land, its really not any of your business. Im assuming a risk when I reap on private land. That's MY decision. No one else should be on my land. They are breaking the law. If I am shot, thats unfortunate. I assumed that risk. It matters nothing to you, and you have no say regarding the matter, as it does not affect you. It is absolutely asanine for the govt to regulate me on my own property.  If I want to pour gasoline on myself and try jumping through a burning tire while rolling on MY property, thats MY business. Is it stupid? Yes. Do others think its safe? No. Is it there business? Absolutely not, and they dang sure aint gonna tell me I cant. Same goes for anything else.

By all means. On public land, where it is for public use, and others safety are in danger, these things should be regulated. Not on private ground. I am responsible for my own safety, and I assume that liabilty. Id rather die a free man at a young age, than an old man who has had his liberties stripped from him.
The fact that you lament the "softening" of our culture and in the same breath equate the topic of this post with liberty and the Bill Of Rights is comical at best, flat sad at worst. "You may take my life but you will never take my strutter hat!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stinkpickle

HookedonHooks

Right? Flat sad or comical, truly don't know which it is.

Enjoy getting shot in the face with a .270 from a trespasser, I guess?

Pluffmud

Obviously there will be no intelligent conversation if you cant see past the strutter hat. The strutter hat is not the point. If you would like to live where you are regulated in every aspect of your life, feel free to pack all your belongings and move to Canada, France, or Mexico. Ill stay here with my strutter hat and have freedoms.

GobbleGitr

I reached out to First Lite Hunting to share my disapproval...as should everyone.  We have to quite defending 'what is legal' and and ensure that we aspire as hunters to standards that are responsible for both the hunter and the turkey. 

Tail Feathers

When he gets killed doing such a stupid thing I won't say "told you so", but I will be thinking it. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Pluffmud

Quote from: GobbleGitr on May 15, 2021, 01:55:20 PM
I reached out to First Lite Hunting to share my disapproval...as should everyone.  We have to quite defending 'what is legal' and and ensure that we aspire as hunters to standards that are responsible for both the hunter and the turkey.

Same goes for "what is illegal." New Mexico just made it "illegal" to trap on ANY public land, a knee jerk reaction to an already illegal trap set from a poacher. Now, because of one stupid person, their right to trap has been taken away. If you think for a second that pushing to outlaw reaping on private ground will stop there, you havent paid a bit of attention to your surroundings for decades. It will not stop until hunting is completely abolished. Instead of calling for more regulations, change the culture. These things eeb and flow. Calling for laws to regulate practices you dont approve of will undeniably result in collateral dammage and unintended consequences. It happens every time in the hunting world, because the people enacting these laws dont hunt. Therefore they dont understand what you are trying to do, and the majority of them really dont care, and just want to appease popular opinion. Perfect example, a turkey hunting organization recently pushed to outlaw rifles completely to turkey hunt in their state. They made it clear it was not about the right to bear arms, but personal safety in the field. Guess what? Now it has nothing to do with turkey hunting. It has turmed into a 2nd amendment debate, and all firearms are on the chopping block.

Go ahead. Push for more laws. You can blame no one but yourself when you are regulated straight to the living room couch.

Pluffmud

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 15, 2021, 02:00:59 PM
When he gets killed doing such a stupid thing I won't say "told you so", but I will be thinking it.

Before you comment, you should read the entire thread.

Jimspur

Quote from: Pluffmud on May 15, 2021, 01:51:03 PM
Obviously there will be no intelligent conversation if you cant see past the strutter hat. The strutter hat is not the point. If you would like to live where you are regulated in every aspect of your life, feel free to pack all your belongings and move to Canada, France, or Mexico. Ill stay here with my strutter hat and have freedoms.

I think you're missing the point. I don't really care if you get shot in the face, that's not my business. What is my business is when people are hunting in such a manner that abuses and takes advantage of the resource. That's why I don't like the strutter hat, or fanning, reaping etc.