News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sheer idiocy

Started by ChesterCopperpot, May 14, 2021, 08:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanders153

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on May 14, 2021, 08:42:41 PM
I mean come on, "they've got numerous years experience," and when it comes to turkey hunting they, "seem to have figured it out."

Really sad to to see First Lite promoting and embracing this garbage. They make good stuff, and likely the best merino layers on the market. They seem to be a solid company but, Lord!, this is bad for the sport. Especially in a time when so many new turkey hunters are looking for guidance and this is what they see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel the same.. I've always liked their fusion camo and their stuff seems pretty nice quality. This though.. ugh.
It looks like something you'd see in an Ernest movie for laughs. In real life a stunt like this is beyond dangerous, especially on public land.

mikejd

Give it time. Things will sort themselves out.

aclawrence

I think they're probably out of touch with most of the turkey hunting culture.

Spitten and drummen

Makes me sick. Cant fix stupid.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gmed

Hope they don't vote.....

Jimspur

Too much soy, not enough dairy.

Gooserbat

Things like this usually sort themselves out.  Survival of the fittest... Both physically and mentally.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bigriverbum

Quote from: mikejd on May 14, 2021, 09:14:19 PM
Give it time. Things will sort themselves out.

i hope so. i just get the feeling that guys who hunt like this don't actually like turkey hunting. they just like killing things and like that tickle in their pants when they get a social media like

hopefully these trends pass and they go on to squirrel hunting

captpete

I feel sorry for the person that accidently shoots one of these idiots.

PalmettoRon

Brain of an ice cube.

Pluffmud

Ok Ill be "that guy."

Before I begin, I just want to clarify, you would NEVER catch me doing that.

BUT..

There is ZERO difference between wearing a strutter on your head, and standing behind a reaping fan.

None.

I will finish by saying, that I have never reaped a turkey. But, on private ground, Id be willing to give it a try once.

So. What is the difference, other than just looking like a dweeb?
Psalm 46:10

Jimspur

Quote from: Pluffmud on May 15, 2021, 08:10:06 AM

Ok Ill be "that guy."

Before I begin, I just want to clarify, you would NEVER catch me doing that.

BUT..

There is ZERO difference between wearing a strutter on your head, and standing behind a reaping fan.

None.

I will finish by saying, that I have never reaped a turkey. But, on private ground, Id be willing to give it a try once.

So. What is the difference, other than just looking like a dweeb?

The contraption he's wearing on his head provides a great aiming point.
A fan provides no aiming point. But you're right - there's no difference.

I want to see how states react after somebody gets blasted in the face.

guesswho

Turkey hunting used to be about the turkey.    It's sad, but for many people today it's all about me, me, me!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: guesswho on May 15, 2021, 08:31:13 AM
Turkey hunting used to be about the turkey.    It's sad, but for many people today it's all about me, me, me!
Yesterday afternoon I was sitting with the man who has really become a great mentor for me the last few years. He's sort of a living legend around here, just a hell of a woodsman and a hell of a turkey hunter. He'd never say that, of course, but anyone from this place knows him, knows of him, and knows that fact. Anyhow, I'd often wondered why he took me under his wing (and to be clear I'd killed a good number of birds for years before he started taking me along). But he got to talking about why he didn't like taking people anymore. And what it boiled down to is exactly what you're saying. It's the me, me, me, kill, kill, kill, post a picture online before I tote my bird and check my likes at the truck mentality that has infected so many. It's a cancerous mentality and it stretches much farther than things like turkey hunting. When I go with him most times I won't even tote a gun. I just want to watch him and learn. I just want to bear witness to the game being played. Now, I love killing them things, don't get me wrong, but the ones that I love the most, the ones that keep me up at night, are the ones that beat hell out of me time and time again. I think he sees that and respects it, and lucky for me it means I get to tag along.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

All it's going to take is one poacher and that guy will be a statistic!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny