OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kevin Cantrell strikers

Started by Sanders153, May 11, 2021, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanders153

Hey fellas,

I recently acquired a Kevin Cantrell striker. This particular one was a 2nd place winner of the NWTF Great Lakes Call making competition this year, and came with the medal. This is the first I had heard of Mr. Cantrell's stuff, and it runs very, very well on my Daybreak Green Slate.

Does anyone else have experience with his strikers/calls?

Meleagris gallopavo

What laminate wood is that?  It looks nice.  Very similar to Harold Fowler's design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Sanders153

The seller said it is the new style of dymondwood when I asked him.. Yeah it does look alot like a Harold Fowler one, that was what attracted me to it at first. Harold Fowler made me one of my all time favorites I have ever had. A snakewood/Osage orange. I use it almost exclusively on my ceramic

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Sanders153 on May 11, 2021, 09:09:34 PM
The seller said it is the new style of dymondwood when I asked him.. Yeah it does look alot like a Harold Fowler one, that was what attracted me to it at first. Harold Fowler made me one of my all time favorites I have ever had. A snakewood/Osage orange. I use it almost exclusively on my ceramic
That's a nice striker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sanders153 on May 11, 2021, 09:09:34 PM
I have that same striker, it's really nice striker..

Sanders153

Do y'all know of anyone else who makes strikers similar to this design

Sir-diealot

I have heard of him but do not recall seeing any of his stuff before. Nice looking striker.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."