OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Trijicon RMR SRO vs Dual-Illuminated  (Read 1429 times)

Offline TalknTurkey

Trijicon RMR SRO vs Dual-Illuminated
« on: May 11, 2021, 10:36:35 AM »
I just picked up a Franchi compact and ordered a scalarworks RMR mount, so trying to decide on an optic. Since I already have the mount on the way, I’m looking at Trijicon’s offerings. I know they are spendy, but I had originally planned on getting an m2 so the way I look at it as I’m just taking the dollars saved going with the Franchi to put towards a quality optic.

I like the idea of not having to worry about batteries with the dual illuminated model, but the smallest dot is 7moa. The other option would be the triangle and using the point as the aiming point. But I’ve also read some complaints about the reticle getting washed out in certain lighting conditions. The SRO has a battery, but it can be replaced without removing the sight which is better. I also like that it has a larger fov and smaller dot sizes. Although, not sure if 2.5 or 5moa would work out better for a turkey optic. Just curious if anyone here has either and could share some feedback on them?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 10:40:14 PM by TalknTurkey »

Offline TalknTurkey

Re: Trijicon RMR SRO vs Dual-Illuminated
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 11:26:53 AM »
I am leaning towards the SRO 5moa. At 50 yds, the dot size would cover 2.5” which seems about right. I’ve also read that size is better for astigmatism, which I have pretty bad. That was another concern I had with the triangle reticle as I’m not sure how clear it would be to my eyes. Then taking into account the larger fov and adjustable brightness, I’m thinking this may be the way to go.

Offline Rem Man

Re: Trijicon RMR SRO vs Dual-Illuminated
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 03:33:51 PM »
  I have 3 rmr dual illuminated sights. I have a green 9 moa and the amber 7 moa. I love the sights! Totally rugged and bombproof! I love the fact of no battery. I do however prefer the amber 7moa and honestly for shooting Turkeys it’s no big deal at all. I could see it a touch big for shooting bullseyes at 50 plus yards but for hunting it’s great. I have only seen a wash out issue in a very dark area and pointed the dot in a well lit area and it still is no issue. I have never once had a issue in any hunting situation. I think you would love the sight! Good luck. I also trust them with law enforcement use.