OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Florida Dilemma  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Brian Stewart

Florida Dilemma
« on: May 10, 2021, 12:21:37 AM »
We're going to go to Florida next year on an Osceola hunt.  Where as now I'm unsure but my wife is wanting to stay at the beach while my son and I hunt.  I know her preference even though she said it doesn't matter is the Gulf coast. I'm looking for a reputable outfitter or a finger in the right direction to public land (I'm not wanting grid coordinates) either way I'm fine hunting public it just takes more planning.  I'm just wanting to be close to her if we stay at the outfitter or drive from the beach to the area we are to hunt each morning as long as it's not too far.  Thanks for the help in advance
But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.  Joshua 24:15

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Florida Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 03:29:52 AM »
Take a look at the FWC web site under "Where to Hunt Turkey Without a Quota Permit".  It will list several areas.  I live in S/W Florida and can't think of any non quota areas that fit your criteria.  There may be one or two on the east coast.  You will find that those who are consistently successful on Florida public land are extremely tight lipped.  Many of the WMA's will show harvest data and that's a good place to start. Good luck.

Online ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 09:32:05 AM »
Are you going on a budget or more expensive? Bubba

Offline Brian Stewart

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 09:58:46 AM »
Bubba
Not really trying to get buy cheap.  But if we go on a guided or semi guided hunt I'd like for it to be from a reputable outfitter.  Thanks Brian

Offline Wvdanimal

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 11:30:17 AM »
I've done this for years and most years you won't get any beach time on the east coast in March. Makes for good sand blasting with all the wind and the waves are usually high and angry. Still, we get good fishing in shore. If I were going into this blind, I would go the outfitter route and enjoy myself.

Offline Brian Stewart

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 05:18:19 PM »
Yeah I don't plan to see the beach at all while we're hunting. The search is on.  I like to pla. Well in advance

Online ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 07:24:52 PM »
Bubba
Not really trying to get buy cheap.  But if we go on a guided or semi guided hunt I'd like for it to be from a reputable outfitter.  Thanks Brian

I was asking more about accommodations. Here where I live on the east coast I’m within an hour to hour and a half of pretty good hunting. Family can enjoy beach and good food and you can hunt. Bubba

Offline Wvdanimal

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 08:31:04 PM »
You'll probably be lucky to get in next year with any of the reputable guys, usually full 1 or 2 seasons ahead.