OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Im gonna throw a little gas on this here fire.

Started by Pluffmud, May 09, 2021, 10:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Quote from: NCL on May 10, 2021, 10:40:43 AM
Is there an app for "Old School" and "New School" turkey hunter?
Maybe a new forum by chance? Could call it "Young Gobbler."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Quote from: AndyN on May 10, 2021, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: Pluffmud on May 09, 2021, 10:00:22 AM

P.S. Is snipe hunting with the use of LED flashlights considered "New School," or does it have to be a halogen flashlight to be "Old Scool?" Asking for a friend... I am without a doubt Old School...

Both are unethical and give you an unfair advantage hunting snipe. You must use a lantern.
And the lantern must run on fuel, not that propane stuff.

eggshell

If I wipe with toilet paper or paper towels in the woods am I new school. Old school would be leaves, right?

1ST DRAW

I learned from the youtube to carry wet wipes instead of paper towels or toilet paper into the woods. Much more comfy on my old parts. Have to hand it to those new school guys once in a while.

hotspur

Quote from: 1ST DRAW on May 10, 2021, 12:56:51 PM
I learned from the youtube to carry wet wipes instead of paper towels or toilet paper into the woods. Much more comfy on my old parts. Have to hand it to those new school guys once in a while.
.    Good one

stinkpickle

I'm so old school, I still act like a quarter costs a nickel.

strum

Quote from: eggshell on May 10, 2021, 12:12:24 PM
If I wipe with toilet paper or paper towels in the woods am I new school. Old school would be leaves, right?

I use my modern cell phone camera to see if i got it cleaned well .

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: strum on May 10, 2021, 01:22:56 PM

I use my modern cell phone camera to see if I got it cleaned well .
That conjures up some disturbing images. 
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

TrackeySauresRex

If you shoot from 70 with tss, are you new school?  Or.... just as sharp as a bowling ball?  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Turkeyman

LOL...been there done that. Leaves and weeds. Also snow balls when deer hunting...very effective!

g8rvet

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 10, 2021, 12:07:39 PM

P.S. Is snipe hunting with the use of LED flashlights considered "New School," or does it have to be a halogen flashlight to be "Old Scool?" Asking for a friend... I am without a doubt Old School...

Both are unethical and give you an unfair advantage hunting snipe. You must use a lantern.

Too new school.  Candles only for me! 

I thought that was a funny and engaging post to the OP and I enjoyed it very much.  Of course, the poster, and all who read it, are on Al Gore's interwebs so you all NEW SCHOOL!

I am proud this thread has now turned silly and I applaud that! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

silvestris

I am reminded of the words of Kenny Morgan (and I wish I could hear them again), "Anybody can kill a turkey, but not many know how to hunt one."
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: silvestris on May 10, 2021, 06:35:24 PM
I am reminded of the words of Kenny Morgan (and I wish I could hear them again), "Anybody can kill a turkey, but not many know how to hunt one."
:z-winnersmiley:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Cut N Run

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 10, 2021, 12:07:39 PM

I always used strike anywhere matches...are we going snipe hunting or spotlighting the dang things?

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.