OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Question  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Swampfoxforeman

Question
« on: May 08, 2021, 11:35:52 PM »
Okay I have a question I have a ok’d Knight and Hale ol yeller sla-tek in the green composite what is it made out of ceramic? I have seen people say it is ceramic others say slate.

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 07:22:11 AM »
I don't own that particular call but all the pictures I have seen of it look like ceramic. If the surface is a yellow color it is ceramic, it will also be a lot harder than slate. I'm not sure why they call it sla-tek unless they had some proprietary blend made for it or maybe they were the first to use ceramic in a call.

Offline KentuckyHeadhunter

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 09:34:55 AM »
Its a composite.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 11:54:44 AM »
A ceramic is any of the various hard, brittle, heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials made by shaping and then firing a nonmetallic mineral, such as clay, at a high temperature.
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline mmclain

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 01:19:38 PM »
Okay I have a question I have a ok’d Knight and Hale ol yeller sla-tek in the green composite what is it made out of ceramic? I have seen people say it is ceramic others say slate.
The yellow surface in the K&H ol’yeller we know as ceramic is actually a layer of two materials.   The ceramic surface is thin and Is set on a green silica computer board material.  It is not at all like the ceramic surfaces used currently. 

As for the green material used in the pot.  It’s a molded plastic. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 01:34:44 PM by mmclain »