OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg Super Bantam 20  (Read 1464 times)

CrustyRusty

Mossberg Super Bantam 20
« on: May 05, 2021, 03:58:31 PM »
I just picked up this shotgun for my daughter. It came with an internal x-full choke.  Eventually I will get an extended choke. In the meantime,  Has anyone used the federal tss 7’s thru that choke?  Is it safe, how did it do?  Any suggestions for aftermarket tube?  I’m in NY and can’t use 9 shot...thanks.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Re: Mossberg Super Bantam 20
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 07:21:19 AM »
I picked a barely used one up a month ago,screwed in a .550 ssx that I had bought a few years back and tested 3" longbeard #6's and couldn't be happier, I had planned on testing tss federal #7's as we can only use 7's as well but honestly,the pattern I got was outstanding and the gun is just a great carrying peashooter.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

CrustyRusty

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 03:36:52 PM »
Thank you

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 07:13:53 PM »
Check you-tube,Chris I believe his his name RGO-Regular guys outdoors as he does a lot of patterning with 20 gauges and shells I am interested in,the super bantam 20 ga shoots a lot of different shells very well.Check out some of his patterning,short and to the point videos.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 07:16:58 PM »
I'm taking the peashooter in the am,I am off on a long weekend,I had 4 toms at 52-54 yards this morning.I had to leave for work,my Father who is retired stayed and around 1130 am shot a 19.7 lbs longbeard with his new Remington versa max turkey, that I passed on so he could buy it last January.