OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snake boots

Started by ScottTaulbee, May 02, 2021, 08:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Lacey

Make sure if you order Russell boots you know what your getting.  They have several options to build the boot you want and need. Otherwise you'll be like me and just order the boot on the website.  $600 mistake for me. No insole, no cushion under your foot and slick bottoms. Just research before you order.  They're not for everyone.
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: J Lacey on May 05, 2021, 08:52:03 PM
Make sure if you order Russell boots you know what your getting.  They have several options to build the boot you want and need. Otherwise you'll be like me and just order the boot on the website.  $600 mistake for me. No insole, no cushion under your foot and slick bottoms. Just research before you order.  They're not for everyone.
I definitely plan on calling up there and tell them exactly what I'm looking for. I have a hard time giving 170$ for a pair of boots, I definitely want to get this one right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchadw

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 05, 2021, 08:59:47 PM
I definitely plan on calling up there and tell them exactly what I'm looking for. I have a hard time giving 170$ for a pair of boots, I definitely want to get this one right

Yea. Don't order stock from website. They would be like moccasins with no cushion stuck in a boot. Some people might like that but I need a lot of cushion. I wear Hoka tennis shoes. Call them and discuss options. There are many. Get measurements for custom. I got air bob soles and poron inserts between vamps and under foot after talking to them. They are very comfortable this way. My feet would hurt with rubber boots after walking a couple miles.
Full lace would be more waterproof. I got zips for easy on/off. If you are in muddy environment get air claw soles. They also have a "turkey wedge" that adds more cushion if you need it. If you are comfortable walking in flip flops all day you may prefer the flat leather with no poron. I have high arches so I went extra cushion. I can walk in these all day and my feet don't hurt.

wchadw

You might call them. You can definitely get soles redone with air claw or some other sole with turkey "wedge" for cushion. They may can put the poron in them after the fact. Makes a big difference