turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

morels

Started by knifeshark, May 02, 2021, 08:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knifeshark

Did not hear any turkeys for the Pennsylvania opener, as it was very windy. While walking up the mountain I ran into a nice patch of Morels. We cooked them up for supper last night. Mighty tasty! I'm off all week, so I be back out tomorrow, good luck to all.

Gooserbat

Every Turkey hunt is one step away from a mushroom hunt.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Wvdanimal

Turkey season isn't complete until you follow up a longbeard with mushrooms and a batch of ramps in my mountains.  Also like to throw in a few of those tame trout DNR throw out as well. Beautiful time of year

Sungrazer

Nectar of the Gods!
Busy time of year-Turkey season, Morel season, Asparagus season, Crappie are on=gorgeous time of year to be outdoors!

bigriverbum

Quote from: Wvdanimal on May 02, 2021, 12:07:13 PM
Turkey season isn't complete until you follow up a longbeard with mushrooms and a batch of ramps in my mountains.  Also like to throw in a few of those tame trout DNR throw out as well. Beautiful time of year

same here, but ours are wild

bigriverbum

we've had the heat round here. been 20 degrees above normal this week, but we're in severe drought conditions for spring. finally got some rain last night. hope they start poppin'

stinkpickle

I can only find them when I stop to pee.   

Side note:  You might not want to eat any mushrooms that I find.

catman529

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 02, 2021, 10:19:45 AM
Every Turkey hunt is one step away from a mushroom hunt.
Every turkey hunt is also a mushroom hunt

Couple weeks ago we fried turkey, mushrooms, and catfish all caught/picked/killed on site. Hard to beat that kinda camp food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Number17

Stopped to check a property for turkey sign here in Pa yesterday and ran across the best patch I've ever seen by far. Picked 84 morels in about a 1/4 acre.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

albrubacker

:drool: :drool: Nice haul!

Quote from: Number17 on May 05, 2021, 08:49:47 AM
Stopped to check a property for turkey sign here in Pa yesterday and ran across the best patch I've ever seen by far. Picked 84 morels in about a 1/4 acre.

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

bobk

Quote from: knifeshark on May 02, 2021, 08:35:38 AM
Did not hear any turkeys for the Pennsylvania opener, as it was very windy. While walking up the mountain I ran into a nice patch of Morels. We cooked them up for supper last night. Mighty tasty! I'm off all week, so I be back out tomorrow, good luck to all.

Nice bunch of mushrooms and a fine looking knife.

knifeshark

Thank you sir! That knife is an older Ray Cover#2 with beautiful jigged bone scales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk