turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lucky 1st day NY

Started by NYLongBeards, May 01, 2021, 11:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYLongBeards

Hello all it's been a while since I've been on this forum I got lucky on opening day here in New York and bagged a decent gobbler I took the wife as well and I'm astonished that she got to experience a gobble in person for the first time and got to witness me in action she said next year she wants to get her turkey license and give it a shot. Not sure if Jed Clampett/Jim still active on these boards but I appreciate those calls you sent me they do wonders.

NYLongBeards

I attached a photo

grayfox

Beautiful bird. Congrats!

Yoteduster

Dr Juice

It was the worst opener for me in NY since the start of my addiction. The winds were howling in Sullivan county. Congrats and enjoy the meal

NYLongBeards

It was a nasty opener specifically due to the weather but I knew they would be out there just wasn't sure how vocal but he was extremely vocal and came right in to my calling it helps that I belive he is only maybe 2 years old but regardless it was a good experience

3bailey3

lunghit

Quote from: Dr Juice on May 02, 2021, 04:11:29 AM
It was the worst opener for me in NY since the start of my addiction. The winds were howling in Sullivan county. Congrats and enjoy the meal

I was in Sullivan County (Livingston Manor) and by far the worst, coldest, windiest opener I have ever experienced. OP good job bagging one on a horrible day lol.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

arrow1

I was fortunate to kill one at 5:50am right off the roost. It was snowing, 27 degrees, winds blowing 20 plus mph, gusting to 40..This was the first turkey I killed in NY with snow on the ground.  I did kill a gobbler in Iowa April 2013 in a snow storm.  I called in a gobbler for my cousin Sunday morning, he killed it at 6:30am.  Back to work for me tomorrow.

bonasa

Quote from: Dr Juice on May 02, 2021, 04:11:29 AM

Wind was hammering down in Orange county as well, rough hunting. Got my son a bird off the bat fortunately, took me until 1145 to get my first bird down on the opener. Really couldnt have been worse unless there were rain or snow showers with all that wind like the guys upstate had.

mikejd

Nice job. Congrats. I think the birds in Madison County have had there vocal cords removed. Have not heard a gobble in 5 days eventhough I am actually seeing birds. Same for hens I have been around. No noise at all hunting all day everyday.