Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

If it weren't for bad luck.....

Started by RutnNStrutn, May 01, 2021, 12:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Well, y'all know the song. I struck out on the Texas hunt. It certainly wasn't the hunt I had imagined though.
It rained every day, except for the first afternoon. It was very windy, even for Texas. The winds howled every day but today. Still, the birds gobbled on the roost, but once they flew down, they wanted nothing to do with our calling. In fact, when you called to them, they shut up and went the other way.
So we ended up having to set up near the roosts in the mornings and afternoons, and hoped we were lucky. Of course I'm not. My 3 buddies all picked right, and found themselves in position to score on one bird each. Not what they'd imagined either. I picked the wrong spots at the wrong times and only saw one gobbler, and of course he was out of range. I even hunted some spots and saw nothing, then later 2 of the guys hunted the same spot and shot gobblers.
One last hunt tomorrow morning before we leave for Mexico, but of course it is raining again tonight, and is supposed to rain balls all day tomorrow. So that's out.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!! Bloom, despair and agony on me!! &$#@?£?¥%!!!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Mountainburd

Hang in there rut. We all have seasons like that, myself included. Good luck. You'll connect.

Hayudog

Weather and planned hunts can sometimes derail things. Hope with the bad luck, things will do a 180 on your Gould's hunt. That's the important one. Slam the door!  Good luck and keep after them.

Dr Juice

Sorry to see that brother. Stick in there because it can turn on you 180-degrees in a heartbeat. Good luck and enjoy

WildSpur

When it rains, it pours....that goes for bad and good!  Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

TrackeySauresRex

Keep the faith JimBo! Wet birds weigh more  ;D GetUm!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."