OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Replaced my Dixon vest, finally

Started by Tom007, April 30, 2021, 05:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I sold a Bob Dixon vest a few years ago. I regretted it, but the Claw straps were a bit uncomfortable for me on the vest. They are great for guns, just didn't care for them as shoulder straps. I have been looking for a Mossy Oak Limbhanger vest for a while. It is an exact copy of the Dixon vest, other than the straps and magnet for the seat cushion. I finally got one in mint condition, perfect size. It is going out tomorrow for the NY opener. The shoulder straps on the Limbhanger are real nice. I am happy to get this vest back, it has a perfect lay-out, and is extremely well made. I will add the seat magnets latter on. Be safe,

fishr64

Nice pick up Tom! Both of those vests always looked to have a nice layout.

Tail Feathers

Nice find on that vest and I hope you break it in with a big tom in the game bag tomorrow morning. :jackson:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hunter85

I've got a limb hanger vest too that I bought the first or second year they came out. I haven't found anything that I like remotely close the nomad mg is close and I probably should buy one for when my lh gives up the ghost. The only things I wish the lh had was magnets for the seat an hanger/pouch for a water bladder.

3bailey3

Nice pick up Tom, good luck tomorrow!!

Tom007

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. I am going to add the magnets for the seat. Will update you once I do. Be safe, best of luck...

Cut N Run

Break that thing in right!
I love my Limbhanger & wish I would have bought a few.  Never expected them to stop making them so fast.  I also got a Nomad MG, but prefer the Limbhanger.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Cowboy

Congrats on the find. Good luck in NY.

Tom007

Quote from: Cowboy on April 30, 2021, 11:01:08 PM
Congrats on the find. Good luck in NY.
Quote from: Cut N Run on April 30, 2021, 07:54:58 PM
Break that thing in right!
I love my Limbhanger & wish I would have bought a few.  Never expected them to stop making them so fast.  I also got a Nomad MG, but prefer the Limbhanger.

Jim

Thanks, gonna be windy, 20-25 mph. Gonna tough it out.....be safe....

camotoe

I have one that that I have hunted hard. Water bladder hanger would of been nice. I find the magnets on the striker pockets useless , lost a few strikers . I also put velcro on the pot call flap . I bought mine at bass pro years ago after season real cheap .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Nice find, I'm looking for one myself. Good luck huntin!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats, good find hope you get some blood on it today!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tom007