turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mounting options

Started by 2flyfish4, April 29, 2021, 04:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2flyfish4

So I'm looking to add a red dot to my dedicated turkey gun. Its a Browning Gold Hunter.

It appears people are pretty happy with the rib mount from meadowcreek mounts.

However I've seen the micro picatinny rails that mount on the shotgun rib. The browning cynergy turkey model has this. I've never seen it in person. Does anyone know how it is mounted? Drilled and screwed on or welded? It looks like it is on the rib, but its an o/u so maybe not. Again just seen pics, never handled the gun so not sure.

The other option is getting the receiver drilled to mount a picatinny to the receiver which I dont mind doing as this is a dedicated turkey gun.

So what does everyone think is the best mount for a red dot scope?

tonyzzzz

I struggled with this year also.  Ended up going with the Meadow Creek Rib mount and Holosun 507C X2.  Been a great decision.  Two shots and two birds this spring. 

strum

Get it drilled and taped. You have a whole bunch of options if you do the standard weaver style pattern. Such as a using a Sumtoy base with a Burris Fast fire. Best way to go in IMHO

slave601

Quote from: tonyzzzz on April 29, 2021, 08:26:02 PM
I struggled with this year also.  Ended up going with the Meadow Creek Rib mount and Holosun 507C X2.  Been a great decision.  Two shots and two birds this spring.
How's the meadow creek mount holding up for ya? Planning on putting one on my browning gold and holosun 508T
"thinnin the flock"