OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

That’s a wrap what a season

Started by hunter85, April 27, 2021, 11:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter85

That is a wrap! 2021 was good to me after 2020 was nasty to me. Having poults on the ground the third weekend of the season here in Florida and the governor of Kentucky shutting down my hunt. I started this year scouting hard the first weekend of March and had a good game plan set I killed my first full fan gobbler on a central Florida wma opening morning and got public landed on the second bird Sunday morning by another hunter that walked in on me and blundered the bird. I played cat and mouse with that bird the rest of the season and wasn't able to make it happen. I loaded up in the truck and headed to Kentucky last Wednesday for a three day hunt to the weather going a foul and inactive birds but was able to kill a hoss Saturday mid morning in the pouring rain for my second full fan bird. Sunday morning was able to call in a silent bird that just wouldn't pop over the ridge that walked back in forth just out of sight spitting an drumming. This was the first time I have ever been to Kentucky, and oh my what a beautiful land to hunt in!

JeffC

Congrats on your first Tom's, the struggle just makes the pay off so much sweeter..
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Gobbler-one

Yoteduster

Congrats on a some very nice gobblers

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

Congrats from KY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quavers59

Congrats!- I START in New York on May 1st.

Kylongspur88

hunter85

Thank you everyone! I figured out last night Georgia is still in till the 15 so I'm going to try and get a few more weekends in the woods on my deer property, it isn't but 40 acres so not much but it will still be time in the woods.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Tom007