OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Michigan Road Trip

Started by Yelper, April 25, 2021, 06:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yelper

Made my Annual trip to Michigan to turkey hunt last week. Thursday morning, a whopping 22 degrees and snow flurries and only a couple of gobbles heard. Friday morning was clear 31 degrees and I got sat up on a field edge and had 5 toms gobbling about 250 yds away. Worked them with some soft yelps from the box call and mouth call and got this one about an half hour after fly down with some soft calling. Then I was able to call the second tom in with four other toms in the afternoon for a friend (bottom Picture). The calls used were Preacherman walnut over cedar box and Osceola game calls double reed mouth call. Now back to Texas to finish off the season.

JeffC

Congrats on a fine Tom that's carrying a big paint brush of a beard. Have a safe trip home to warmer weather.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Gobbler-one

Quote from: JeffC on April 25, 2021, 07:15:12 PM
Congrats on a fine Tom that's carrying a big paint brush of a beard. Have a safe trip home to warmer weather.
x2

Vintage

3bailey3

Congrats, what a thick beard!! What 20 shell is that you are using, looks different.

Yelper

Quote from: 3bailey3 on April 25, 2021, 07:46:42 PM
Congrats, what a thick beard!! What 20 shell is that you are using, looks different.

Apex ninja 8.5 TSS

Yoteduster

Congrats on a nice gobbler

randy6471

Dr Juice

Congrats. You can paint your house with that paint brush.

Roost 1

Congrats on a great hunt.