OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Last VA tag had a little extra to offer....

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 25, 2021, 01:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Went back to a piece of property this morning to try and get on a bird we worked a couple mornings prior.  After no gobbling from the roost I slipped back down where I parked and up into another block of woods I knew of 2 longbeards using.  As I got to the top of the ridge I hooted and one gobbled back down in another bottom not 75 yards from where I walked up from my truck.  After he gobbled a couple more times I was able to get into position and began calling.  My first series of calls were answered and he was straight down the finger ridge I was set up on.  After a few minutes I called again and he gobbled no more than 60 yards out.  Soon I could see him using the ridge I was on, after a couple soft calls he turned and walked right to me. 

Once I picked him up I realized I had done something I'd never done, DOUBLE BEARD.  So after this crazy season of non gobbling, uncooperative birds this past week some decided to actually act like turkeys.  Lots of lessons learned in 2021 and it's not over yet, we head to South Dakota the end of this week for a week hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skimerhorn

Way to go. Congratulations. Va birds have been rough on me this year

RutnNStrutn

Congrats and good luck out west!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Kylongspur88

3bailey3

tomstopper

Nice one congrats

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Old Timer

greencop01

Congrats on a nice tom and Good Luck out West!
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

JeffC

Congrats on a great Tom, wish you luck and safe travels. Looking for more pictures.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Gobbler-one

Congrats on one fine gobbler. Good luck out west.

knifeshark

That's a dandy! Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountainburd

Awesome work man. Despite the great weather we've had, not many guys I know are killing them in Va, including myself. Been a struggle this season. Good luck on your next adventure.

Vintage

Yoteduster

Congrats on a nice gobbler.. And good luck when you come out this way