OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Loonnngggg Wait...

Started by quavers59, April 21, 2021, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

This is the hardest part. The Long Wait... Being from New York State- that Wait continues  to May 1st. The Greenup here is a good 1 week  ahead of Schedule.  The Hardwoods are already Greened up. And many Trees are Leafing out already.
   Now, I  have been following  here and on some of the Hunting Hunting Channels how the early hunting is going in Mississippi  . I learned how an army of eager Arkansas  Turkey Killers decend on Mississippi  for the early good Turkey Hunting.
   Now living close to New Jersey at least, I  can cut my wait down to April 26th. It will be here soon enough.
    Enjoying all the Successful  stories of Turkey Hunting down South here on the Threads of Old Gobbler.

Tail Feathers

Here in the eastern woods of Texas, we have to wait until April 22.  Tomorrow!
I went out yesterday and located six different gobblers.  I've hunted elsewhere already this spring but there's nothing like the home opener.  I know where I will be tomorrow morning! :funnyturkey:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Sixes

Its always interesting that y'all are getting started and us here in the south are finishing up.

I'm tagged out in Ga and got lucky on a couple of Bama birds.

I'm headed Friday to Louisiana to go red and trout fishing. I might go with my Dad late next week and see if he can get another or maybe a coworker that is trying to kill his first bird.

Tail Feathers

What's weird is that I'm further south than 95% of Georgia, but we haven't started yet.  Our population is struggling and it's a very late start or no season so I deal with it!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Tunaguy

I here ya brother. Another NYer here. Can't wait.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

njdevilsb

Yes, the New York wait kills me every year.  Every year I threaten to travel during the spring to lengthen the season, but it hasn't happened yet.

quavers59

May 1st seems like 6 Months away especially  after watching all these Utube Hunting Groups be successful  in the South.

callmakerman

Quote from: quavers59 on April 22, 2021, 08:55:39 AM
   May 1st seems like 6 Months away especially  after watching all these Utube Hunting Groups be successful  in the South.
Yeah but when it's all said and done it's cold as hell out there letting you know it's only April. We have had snow the last two days. As a NY hunter I can wait. Youth hunt this weekend.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 21, 2021, 11:43:53 AM
What's weird is that I'm further south than 95% of Georgia, but we haven't started yet.  Our population is struggling and it's a very late start or no season so I deal with it!

That is crazy. I just got back from my second Texas trip this spring. I went to North Texas both times. I managed to kill 2 birds of the 4 bird lumit. The hunting has been tough there this year. The birds are there but act like they are way behind. They gobble on the lumb and once on the ground , they shut up. Rios usually gobble all day but this year has been way off for some reason. Thats just my experience this year.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

nosaj

The wait is long here in NH as well with a May 1st start.  This coming weekend helps as it is youth weekend and I have a 14yr old who has been waiting for this since December.