OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbler/Jake yelp and cluck call recommendations....

Started by KELLY B, April 20, 2021, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KELLY B

Who makes a call that produces good gobbler yelps and clucks?  I don't want the call to have a hen any where in it. 

callmakerman

Rohm Brothers makes a big slate at around 4" that's awesome for gobbler yelps and clucks. There's two on ebay right now. I have one in my vest at all times.

EZ

Roger Parks also makes a slate and striker combo just for gobbler yelps and clucks.
A good gobbler wingbone in the right length is hard to beat.

Greg Massey

Roger Parks.. he's the best... he has a facebook page, go and listen to his gobbler pot....it's awesome...

Chris O

Roger Park's as stated above but prairie game calls make a Jake call as well. If you get one from Roger ask if he has any DVD's left and spend the extra money. He will teach you a lot of good stuff.

KELLY B

Thanks everyone for the info.    Much appreciated.

ElkTurkMan

I have  a jake Pott from Prairie Game Calls that sounds Real good.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: EZ on April 20, 2021, 07:13:56 PM
Roger Parks also makes a slate and striker combo just for gobbler yelps and clucks.
A good gobbler wingbone in the right length is hard to beat.
I was about to say exactly that with regard to the gobbler wingbone. Ralph Permar also makes a great gobbler trumpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildTigerTrout

Quaker Boy used to make a mouth call "The Jake Special".  Not sure if they still make it but it really works. If they don't make it anymore they should re-introduce it!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

trkehunr93

If you have a glass pot, a hickory striker in the dead center played with a slightly longer stroke will give a darn good gobbler yelp and cluck. 

bobk

Rohm Brother 4" gobbler slate is excellent for gobbler yelping and clucking.

crow

Wingbone usually,
also have a Russel Beard "trash mouth hen" scratch box that has a great sounding gobbler/Jake cluck in it

Bringintheh2o