OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbler at a yard.

Started by Deputy 14, April 12, 2021, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2C4zd_q6yke7oVJ5OIIVu5hY9j-faMhBW-hS0Vhsa54BIEaN6yKCp5reY&v=T1cZkX1Zp9A&feature=youtu.be

Check out this video a friend got of his gobbler in Florida recently. Pretty intense hunt. If you're on Facebook check them out. The page is "The Untamed". Lots of good video content on their page as well as on YouTube, especially if you're into hound hunting

Yoteduster

Well that was different than a regular turkey video

tracker vi

Pluffmud

Psalm 46:10

lunghit

Really cool. Thanks for posting this.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

longbeards

Pretty crazy and too dam close!

Fullfan

Wow up close and personal. Great spurs...
Don't gobble at me...

RutnNStrutn

Wow!! That's definitely in your face. I think if I did that, I'd prefer to have my Judge loaded with TSS rather than a long gun!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

jhoward11

Cool Video. I don't think I could EVER, get behind a fan like that and hunt, (not knocking anyone who does) but way to many idiots and trespassers, that I would be afraid who would shot me in the snood!

Hobbes

If there was ever a method of "hunting" and killing a turkey that I have no interest in, this is it.  To each their own, but that's not for me.

lunghit

Quote from: Hobbes on April 13, 2021, 01:53:34 PM
If there was ever a method of "hunting" and killing a turkey that I have no interest in, this is it.  To each their own, but that's not for me.
Not my thing either but I would love to experience that one day. Has to be a cool feeling being that close.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

silvestris

Why I don't reap/decoy turkeys.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Turkeyman

Don't have any time for this method of "turkey hunting".

Jbird22

Quote from: Hobbes on April 13, 2021, 01:53:34 PM
Agreed...It had to be a crazy experience to have one that close BUT it would be heavily outweighed by the overwhelming feeling of how unfair it was that the gobbler was enamored by the strutter decoy and totally oblivious to the grown man sitting in the open directly behind it.

And btw, I like the Untamed channel. I've been watching them for a few years now and will continue to but that choice of tactics is just not my cup of tea.   

g8rvet

I would never shoot a bird reaping, but if I had private ground and a pile of turkeys, after the season ended, I would absolutely one day like to reap one up close, drop the fan and say "Boo". 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.