turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler #1 2021!Pic!

Started by Wrangler95, April 12, 2021, 01:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrangler95

Heard this gobbler sound off way back the ridge from my listening spot at daylight.Went hoofing it back the ridge to a log yard to listen and I had taken the wrong ridge,had to back track to the ridge he was on,he gobbled again and I got set up just getting ready to make a call when here came two sheep dogs down the logging road right by my setup.I think the bird got busted by the dogs because he quit gobbling.I didnt make a call for at least 30 minutes to let the bird to calm down,I finally sent out 3 light yelps to him and he gobbled.I was set up at the head of a drain between the two ridges and I saw his fan break the ridge,when he came in to full view I saw movement behind him and 3 deer went within a few feet of him but he didnt spook.When I shot him the deer were still standing close to him.The good Lord was with me on this hunt because two dogs scared him and the 3 deer walking right by him and I still killed him!

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

btomlin

Good job!  Sounds like a fun hunt.  Nothing adds confidence to a hunt like a whitetail doe stomping and blowing while you have a bird working.  :angry9:

NCL

Great job, some days the stars just align the right way and it all does your way, although it sounds like your ability played strong in this hunt.

grayfox

Good job man! Sometimes it's just your day.

Tom007

Congrats, great hunt......nice bird....

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Wrangler95

Thanks all!I love turkey hunting!

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

randy6471

Congrats! Sounds like a hunt to remember.

Yoteduster

That's a nice gobbler...congrats!

b wilt

That's a Dandy!!! Congrats!!!

Wrangler95

Muzzy61

Congrats, sounds like a fun filled hunt.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RutnNStrutn

Congrats!! Exciting hunt!!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.