OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tristar Viper G2 pattering  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Hened up

Tristar Viper G2 pattering
« on: April 10, 2021, 10:53:45 PM »
I got a Tristar Viper G2 20 ga. and I have tried 3 different chokes a Carlson longbeard, sumtoy and Jebs.l shot longbeard #6, heavy shot 5,6 shot and federal flight control and they all shot terrible. Tried Apex 9’s and it shot great just didn’t understand why any of the others would shoot a good group at 20 yards.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
Re: Tristar Viper G2 pattering
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 04:53:47 AM »
I got a Tristar Viper G2 20 ga. and I have tried 3 different chokes a Carlson longbeard, sumtoy and Jebs.l shot longbeard #6, heavy shot 5,6 shot and federal flight control and they all shot terrible. Tried Apex 9’s and it shot great just didn’t understand why any of the others would shoot a good group at 20 yards.
Just wondering if you did a thorough deep clean on your barrel? TSS #9 has so many pellets that it almost doesn't matter and TSS tends to not be has bothered has much about a dirty barrel. I soak mine overnight with Bore Tech shotgun solution then the next day soak the barrel again and start scrubbing it. Usually make 20 passes then start patching. Will usually do the 20 passes 2 to three times until the patches are completely clean. Never tried polishing my barrels before but this is supposed to work also.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline Hened up

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 03:06:02 PM »
Would it need to be cleaned being it’s a new gun?

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 04:16:14 PM »
Would it need to be cleaned being it’s a new gun?
Yes. They are terribly dirty from the factory and sometimes coated with all kinds of grease and oils/crud.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 09:07:08 PM »
Yes!! Definitely needs to be cleaned since it is new. Probably more dirty now new then after 30 rounds ran through it. Like I said whatever solvent you are using to clean your barrel with run several wet patches through and let it soak overnight. The next day run another wet patch down it. Then put your bronze brush on and pour a little solvent it (don't dip brush in solvent you will only get your solvent dirty).  I always pour solvent on everything. I have a little squeeze bottle I use. Then after your brush is wet run the brush through 20 times 10/10. Then run a clue wet patches through to clean out any crud. The uhn start dry patching it. I continue this process until clean. I also use some JB Bore Paste and Krill Oil before I use my Bore Tech solvent.

These are the patterns I get using Indian Creek chokes in both my guns. Top is a Mossberg 535 and an Indian Creek .665 constriction. The bottom is with a Mossberg 835 with an Indian Creek .675 constriction. Both with 3" Apex #9. Moved my red dot a couple clicks right on the top one and centered it up same with the bottom one to the left a couple clicks and it was dead center. 

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline Hened up

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 10:48:23 PM »
Thanks everybody for the information