OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Red Dot Advice  (Read 2441 times)

Offline bendback

Red Dot Advice
« on: April 09, 2021, 08:37:36 PM »
I just bought a 20ga Winchester SXP Turkey Hunter. I want to set it up with a red dot. This will be my first red dot on a shotgun. So, I’m looking for advice on which scope and mounts needed. What’s working for you on your 20ga. Thanks

Offline fmf

Re: Red Dot Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 10:45:28 PM »
I’m a very big fan of the holosun 507c, I’ve removed a couple other red dots in favor of them. The 32 moa circle dot is just about perfect for turkeys, and I’ve had no issues with them.

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 05:15:44 AM »
I believe your receiver is drilled and tapped on that gun so you can have a mount there or on the rib of the barrel. I'd contact Sumtoy for a receiver mount or Meadow Creek for the rib mount. I have an Aimpoint that is perfect on one of my guns and I highly recommend them. I also have a Trijicon RMR with a Meadow Creek that will be going on another but have not used them yet. Waiting on the gun to get back from the dipper.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 09:11:15 AM »
I just bought a 20ga Winchester SXP Turkey Hunter. I want to set it up with a red dot. This will be my first red dot on a shotgun. So, I’m looking for advice on which scope and mounts needed. What’s working for you on your 20ga. Thanks

I had a Bushnell 25trs on my 1300 for a long time and have one on my Savage 12ga single. Great little optic for the $... :camohat:
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline Jroddc

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 09:59:36 AM »

I’m a very big fan of the holosun 507c, I’ve removed a couple other red dots in favor of them. The 32 moa circle dot is just about perfect for turkeys, and I’ve had no issues with them.
I have to agree with this. I own multiple Holosuns and all are flawless

Offline bendback

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 01:45:38 PM »

What type mount would you recommend

Offline fmf

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 04:44:02 AM »
I’ve just got picatinny rails on my guns