turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo too bright

Started by tha bugman, April 09, 2021, 06:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Went hunting in my net suit that I have had for years.  I got to wondering if it was too washed out.  Looked mighty bright in the woods this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I have to agree, I'm not a fan of faded camo during turkey season.

bbcoach

Clothes dye may take care of the problem.

guesswho

I'd add some green.  Like $$$ green.  The faded Camo is probably fine, but it's in your head that it may not be.  So I'd spend a few dollars and get me some new Camo that makes me feel confident in what I was wearing.   Confidence is an often overlooked part of this game.   I want to be 100% confident or at least as close as I can get to that.   The new Camo may not make a bit of difference to the turkeys, but if it helps your confidence level it's money well spent.   And if you start doubting your guns capabilities then get a new gun too.  I do that every so often to help my confidence ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

owlhoot

Quote from: guesswho on April 09, 2021, 06:48:52 PM
I'd add some green.  Like $$$ green.  The faded Camo is probably fine, but it's in your head that it may not be.  So I'd spend a few dollars and get me some new Camo that makes me feel confident in what I was wearing.   Confidence is an often overlooked part of this game.   I want to be 100% confident or at least as close as I can get to that.   The new Camo may not make a bit of difference to the turkeys, but if it helps your confidence level it's money well spent.   And if you start doubting your guns capabilities then get a new gun too.  I do that every so often to help my confidence ;D
That's a very good perspective. :you_rock:

falltoms

The leaves that are on the forest floor now are faded from when they were colored nicely in the fall. I wouldn't worry. Most of my hunting clothes are faded out olive green. It's cheaper than camo and works wonderfully. Guess Who is right, forget about it and just hunt

TRG3

Sounds like it's time to purchase another leafy cut-out suit which can be worn over about anything and still do a descent job of providing camo. If you don't want to go that route, 7'-8' of camo netting about 3' tall on stakes (I use river cane with nails on the ground end) set up in front of your position will allow you to wear older clothing plus shield your movements behind it. I've used this method when setting up against a wire fence in an open pasture and successfully taken gobblers.

tha bugman

Quote from: falltoms on April 09, 2021, 08:36:08 PM
The leaves that are on the forest floor now are faded from when they were colored nicely in the fall. I wouldn't worry. Most of my hunting clothes are faded out olive green. It's cheaper than camo and works wonderfully. Guess Who is right, forget about it and just hunt
I know what you mean.  I have killed gobblers across the country in it and none of them seemed to mind.  Still got plenty of sand burrs in it from trips to TX.   :TooFunny:

tha bugman

Here is a pic of the top against a woods background.

RiverBuck

My kind of green is Spring Green.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: tha bugman on April 10, 2021, 04:41:16 PM

I'd still hunt hell out of that raggedy old thing!

guesswho

Take a picture of it in the shade and it will probably make you feel better
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Quote from: tha bugman on April 10, 2021, 04:41:16 PM

I would replace it myself, spring turkey season is only so many weeks.. IMO...

Crghss

While you could probably use it no problem, I would upgrade.

Last thing I'd want to be thinking about when a gobbler comes in is my faded camo. Crazy what dumb ideas pop in my head when the game starts. I just start to question everything. YMMV
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

guesswho

Quote from: Crghss on April 10, 2021, 08:04:38 PM
While you could probably use it no problem, I would upgrade.

Last thing I'd want to be thinking about when a gobbler comes in is my faded camo. Crazy what dumb ideas pop in my head when the game starts. I just start to question everything. YMMV
Good example of what I mentioned earlier about confidence. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff