turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS compared to lead

Started by agent eight seven O, April 08, 2021, 04:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent eight seven O

#9 tss is equivilant to lead #5. So what would #7 tss compare to in lead?

ChesterCopperpot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Fieldturkey

WV Flopper

Dead  :OGturkeyhead:

I have 7.5 TSS, along with a different load of 8X9TSS, both for a 10gauge. Both shoot 2 5/8 oz, but the 7.5 is much more impressive. On the other hand, the pellet count is unreal on the 8X9..

If your shooting 40 couple yards, it doesn't matter a bit.

Dtrkyman

Contact Hal Abbot, he has his own TSS forum and has all kinds of ballistics for TSS, basically you will run out of pattern before lethality.

Number 9 patterns run out to just shy of it's lethality if I remember correctly.

Gobble Nole

:popcorn:

I would love to load some 3in 7.5s for shooting ducks.  I imagine it would be very lethal...

deadbuck

Quote from: WV Flopper on April 08, 2021, 10:17:50 PM

I have 7.5 TSS, along with a different load of 8X9TSS, both for a 10gauge. Both shoot 2 5/8 oz, but the 7.5 is much more impressive. On the other hand, the pellet count is unreal on the 8X9..

I use Hal's 2 1/2 oz recipe in 10 ga. Who came up with the 2 5/8 oz recipe? Havent heard about it but want to try it.

Spurs Up

Quote from: deadbuck on April 09, 2021, 10:45:01 AM
Quote from: WV Flopper on April 08, 2021, 10:17:50 PM

I use Hal's 2 1/2 oz recipe in 10 ga. Who came up with the 2 5/8 oz recipe? Havent heard about it but want to try it.

Sounds like a load that was developed by the military.

ol bob

If you are hunting turkeys anything lower that a #9 is overkill and 1 5/8 oz. is plenty. If 500 # 9 is not enough then you are shooting to far.

Southerngobbler

Quote from: Fieldturkey on April 08, 2021, 09:37:59 PM
At least a 30-06
Ha ha, that's the first time in a long while that someone has made me laugh on here

MK M GOBL

What is this TSS I keep hearing about  :TooFunny:

I just but some cheap $10 loads and kill turkeys... If I could find my pheasant loads again I'd buy a bunch of those $20 for 25 shells and they work.

MK M GOBL

owlhoot

Quote from: MK M GOBL on April 09, 2021, 09:19:14 PM

I just but some cheap $10 loads and kill turkeys... If I could find my pheasant loads again I'd buy a bunch of those $20 for 25 shells and they work.

MK M GOBL
Tsss works better when you get past 20 yards. Puts smaller holes in the expensive decoys tooo. ;D ;D

lowoctane

Quote from: owlhoot on April 09, 2021, 09:47:17 PM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on April 09, 2021, 09:19:14 PM

MK M GOBL
Tsss works better when you get past 20 yards. Puts smaller holes in the expensive decoys tooo. ;D ;D
Winchester "Rooster" loads work very well, if you can find them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

zelmo1

Quote from: ol bob on April 09, 2021, 12:34:42 PM
If you are hunting turkeys anything lower that a #9 is overkill and 1 5/8 oz. is plenty. If 500 # 9 is not enough then you are shooting to far.
I thought we went to TSS so we could tote lighter guns and not have our faces torn off with recoil, lol. I say stuff that 10 banger with as many #7 as possible and try an ostrich or a giraffe. Giraffes are birds right  :OGturkeyhead: