turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Complete disrespect on public land?

Started by briton, April 06, 2021, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

I personally  think those 2 are enjoying the " Game". I think they are doing this on purpose...
    They have stepped up the " Game" from what they do on the internet.  Some People hover like Turkey Vultures and when they spot a new Thread that they dont like or agree with-- they attack the Author after Quoting  him.
    Now they wait 15 minutes for the infuriated  Author to respond and Quote him again. Another guy now joins in and it is 2 on 1 and the " Game" continues with endless Quotes.
    Is it really hard to believe  that some Fools will take this to the next Level and continue " the Game" in person.
    It is probably  on the rare side- but , I  think that is what these 2 young guys are doing-- playing a game..
   To continue  the Game- they need the same participant.
    FIND ANOTHER SPOT AWAY FROM THESE YOUNG FOOLS.

sasquatch1

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 06, 2021, 10:57:43 PM
I know your frustrated... ive been there,  and refuse to allow myself get into these situations anymore

Getting early to a public spot to try and reserve a spot , is more easily translated into YOU KNOW YOUR GOING TO GET MESSED WITH  , there are spots here in Florida,  I avoid like the plauge and yet other guys frequent them , some have been SHOT by other hunters thats how bad they are ...like mentioned before ..mountain bikes ..ive gone 4 miles each way ...canoe hours of rowing its a PIA but you will get on more birds and kill.way more

Size up the situation? Avoid "low hanging fruit situations " those easy to get to spots ... also ill point out if its readily available to hunt for the public ...the birds are also killed off,  or well educated ...either way if you hunt spots like this EASY ACCESS spots that are PUBLIC ...do not be surprised when the competition shows up , in fact in my home state of Florida,  if you hunt any public non quota area that does not require a 1+ hour walk  and some yahoo doesn't ruin your hunt its a miracle......if you actually heard a bird gobble a even bigger miracle,  and if a Gobbler actually came into shot gun range ....a act of divine intervention

The turkeys are easy its the people that are the problem  i adopted this mantra 30 years ago.... if other people know about a spot , its easy to access ...I DONT HUNT IT ,  start targeting the most inaccessible,  difficult to get to , and remote spots you or any hunter can access ...thats where the relaxing easy going hunts are at , the spots that haven't been picked over , killed off etc..

This. But electric bikes are making it harder and harder.

These lazy idiots now just buy E bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chuck1443

camotoe

They went to the u tool school of hunting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasha and Abby

I would have taught them some manners and then I would have found another place to hunt.  THIS is why I NEVER hunt public land.  Too many fools.

Tom007

Quote from: TerryLNanny on April 06, 2021, 09:25:54 PM
I came up on a couple trucks in the spot I wanted to hunt, plan B, seen no tire tracks heading for plan B, had I'm killed in 15 mins.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nice bird, great gun too.... :turkey2:

eggshell

Quote from: TonyTurk on April 06, 2021, 06:48:18 PM
I might sleep in and wait for those jag-offs to leave, then hunt the place later in the morning.  They have made it clear that they have no manners.  It's only gonna piss you off more and more trying to compete with those losers.

Ask them if you can have a moment to pray with them....then pray,  you hope they survive when someone shoots them and that they are cured of their stupidity.

I would just have moved on the second day. The only option for that spot is like someone else said, hunt it later in the day. Those young idiots are gone by late morning most likely. Also, call  the game warden and explain they are being unsafe and maybe he can cruise by and do a license check and talk to them. Many officers will do this if you ask, especially if they think it could  be a safety issue.

trkehunr93

Never a bad idea to have a couple of rusty roofing nails and ball peen hammer in the glove box, then place them strategically where the sidewall and tread meet.  Those roofing nails get stuck in tires all the time, what do ya do?

mtns2hunt

Quote from: trkehunr93 on April 07, 2021, 07:47:41 AM
Never a bad idea to have a couple of rusty roofing nails and ball peen hammer in the glove box, then place them strategically where the sidewall and tread meet.  Those roofing nails get stuck in tires all the time, what do ya do?

Some pretty vindictive suggestions on here. Wanting private and exclusive access to public land is unreasonable. I wander public land all year and there are miles and miles of land where you never see anyone and if you do they are normally just passing through. Parking at a trail head invites company. Normally it is not illegal to park on the roadside side elsewhere.

Putting BB's or slashing tires puts you on their level which is both illegal and iggnorant and invites payback and overall gives our sport a bad name.

I would suggest focusing on the sport not other participants. I find Turkey hunting a great release from stress. Can not imagine allowing anyone to take the enjoyment out of my hunting. Go elsewhere, explore during the off season, find several out of the way places to hunt and remain calm. Disconnect you will be much happier for it.

I like to think that most of the revenge tactics mentioned on here are just forum bluster.

Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

trkehunr93

Quote from: trkehunr93 on April 07, 2021, 07:47:41 AM

What I said was merely a joke, lets not read to much into it.  My luck would be I would stab my finger reaching for the rusty nail and my tetanus shot wouldn't be up to date.  Realistically find another spot or wait until later in the season to hunt that spot once those two throw in the towel.  Only the diehards will hunt until the last hour on the last day.

Nathan_Wiles

I'd move on, they know what they're doing it ain't worth the hassle or the headache. I've dealt with folks like this before a few times they aren't doing this because they don't know what's up. They are deliberately disrupting you're hunt in an effort to "claim the spot" like dogs peeing on bushes. They likely have more time and less money than you so move on it will not geylt better, they will not stop and they ain't going someplace else.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dublelung

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 06, 2021, 07:59:33 PM
BB under the valve cap X4  and find a new place to hunt.

Exactly and that would've been after the 2nd time they acted a fool.

Mossyguy

Those kinds of folks are only in for the killing and not the hunting piece of it. Best to just move on and leave those idiots to themselves.

Prohunter3509

That's what they want
BBC's under valve cap is the best thing for them
All 4. Spare to if it's easy to get to

FL-Boss

+1 on the OG's post above. With the way public land is going (especially in the south) people are going to start getting shot... and not by accident.  More crowded, more conflicts,  It will only get worse every year.
Just read these "public land" post on this forum.. we almost need a seperate section just dedicated to this.