turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Complete disrespect on public land?

Started by briton, April 06, 2021, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briton

I was wondering how some of you guys would deal with this infuriating situation? Starting with opening day I get to the gate several hours early to "secure" a spot that I wanted to hunt. This is a very small piece of public but there are several other areas to park and hunt. Three younger guys in two separate vehicles park right behind me and ask where I'm going. I explain where I'm going and to make a long story short they end up on top of me, hooting, crowing, and gobble tubing up a storm. Fast forward to today and the fifth time at least two of the same guys come screaming in the gravel road right at peak gobble time, I'm standing close to the gate trying to listen, and dumb and dumber come fumbling out of truck talking and laughing like they are at a bar, fumbling around with their guns. The same scenario, ask where I'm going and they say "oh we are going on the other side over here". I explain it's not a big area, very small, and we would be hunting the same birds and that it was dangerous etc. "Oh we want bother you we are just going over here" they say. Infuriated for like the fifth time. I work my way to where I said I was going and low and behold not 100 yds away, hooting, crowing, gobble tube. I'm sitting quietly close to the boundary line and here come dumb and dumber walking straight towards me down the fire break, I get up approach the idiots and say " I thought y'all said you were going the other way and would not bother me" in an aggravated tone, "Oh we didn't know you were going to be back here" they say and continue to walk thru me and call about 50 yds away. I thought seriously about squaring up on these fools but I didn't want to end up in jail or unable to hunt anymore. This is repeated disrespect at the highest level and I'm about to lose my mind. I'm not one to bow out and give up. Just curious as to some of y'all would handle this without ending up with an assault charge?

Brian Fahs

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

briton

Yea I've thought about that a lot but It's one of the very few places I can hunt that has birds occasionally. I feel like that would just be giving in and letting the little pos have their way. Just for context, one has a mullet with the sides of his head shaved and the other was wearing a black pullover with tan colored jeans, turkey hunting, smh. I feel like these are the ppl that would accidentally shoot somebody.

catman529

5th time? I'd have gone to another spot after the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

briton

Quote from: guesswho on April 06, 2021, 06:37:25 PM
Have you heard any gobbling (real)

Yes, I actually bagged one opening weekend and have had good luck in the past. The birds come off a private hardwood tract and sometimes you have to wait them out.

TonyTurk

I might sleep in and wait for those jag-offs to leave, then hunt the place later in the morning.  They have made it clear that they have no manners.  It's only gonna piss you off more and more trying to compete with those losers.

mtns2hunt

I would move to another spot after the first time. You should always have a plan B. These two will tire of the game quickly once they realize you are not there.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Wvdanimal

Be much as adumb*** as them. Take a box of target loads, wait until prime time then start walking near them shooting into the air.  All the while singing, "this land is your land, this land is my land....". Yep, I bow to no man either, or kid!

Jimspur

I would show up after they were already there and slam my door, load my gun and slam the bolt shut, start talking to myself in a loud voice, blow owl, crow, and hawk calls constantly and then if I saw them I would ask in a real loud voice if they heard anything. I would then yell, which way you guys goin'? I'll go the other way. I'd gladly give up an hour of my hunting day for that.

briton

Quote from: Jimspur on April 06, 2021, 07:03:31 PM
I would show up after they were already there and slam my door, load my gun and slam the bolt shut, start talking to myself in a loud voice, blow owl, crow, and hawk calls constantly and then if I saw them I would ask in a real loud voice if they heard anything. I would then yell, which way you guys goin'? I'll go the other way. I'd gladly give up an hour of my hunting day for that.

I like your style!

Gooserbat

BB under the valve cap X4  and find a new place to hunt.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

g8rvet

Quote from: TonyTurk on April 06, 2021, 06:48:18 PM
I might sleep in and wait for those jag-offs to leave, then hunt the place later in the morning.  They have made it clear that they have no manners.  It's only gonna piss you off more and more trying to compete with those losers.
Yep.  Good idea.  And when you kill one there, make sure you leave "evidence" for them to find. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

CAPTJJ

I'd be gone long before it got to the point where I thought about "squaring up".

briton

Quote from: Wvdanimal on April 06, 2021, 07:01:56 PM
Be much as adumb*** as them. Take a box of target loads, wait until prime time then start walking near them shooting into the air.  All the while singing, "this land is your land, this land is my land....". Yep, I bow to no man either, or kid!

Haha! I love it!