OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Finally, when you think you will never.....  (Read 4164 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Finally, when you think you will never.....
« on: April 01, 2021, 08:42:11 PM »
I went into purchase a few boxes of Federal hwy 5-6-7's for a little Mossberg 500 20 gauge tonight and started to look at the guns,in Canadian Tire and I could not believe my eyes, I have looked all over for this gun for years and there it was, staring at me,on sale, Lonely and looking for a home. I couldn't bare to see it homeless even one more evening.   :happy0064:
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Re: Finally, when you think you will never.....
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 08:43:08 PM »
Welcome home, my friend.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 08:43:51 PM »

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 09:40:22 PM »
very nice pickup but did you really buy it in a tire shop?

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 10:26:02 PM »
Congrats and good luck with her. I stumbled across something as well, I was passing an old mom and pop shop. 6 boxes of the old fed HW #7. Only 2-3/4 but took em all anyway. The price was right (:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 07:09:55 AM »
Canadian tire is not a "tire shop" It has everything and two of the three local shops in adjoining small towns have a great hunting/firearm area,the one in my little town is a dump run by dumb libtards that have filtered from the city that has nothing. I never go in there.

I left without more ammo,I thought I had spent enough last night and really didn't "need" the ammo.

My plan is too take this gun out sometime this weekend with a few more and pattern it, cold and windy today,I am working tomorrow morning. I believe Saturday afternoon and Sunday I will be shooting but we will see, I have lots of time still until season.

I am not sure what my plan is with this gun.I always have one for a certain gun on what I'd like to shoot from it,shell,choke,sight etc if all goes as planned.

I just purchased a Bushnell reflex 5 moa that I really like, that I may try and then test a .568 lbxr choke.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 09:20:55 AM by The Heartbreak Kid....... »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 09:28:54 AM »
Just finished mounting the picatinny rail and bushnell reflex 5 moa and threaded the .568 lb xr choke in.I'd like to go today but the cold and wind tells me to wait and go later in the weekend.

I am still shocked I stumbled on to this gun as I was not expecting to ever find it. I have went through every single little gun shop and they all either didn't have one or couldn't get one the last few years, I assume that most are just too lazy to even put any effort into looking for the customer and just try and sell them what they have,in fact I guarantee that is the case in a lot of places seeing as I worked in that industry for years and seen it,first hand from about everyone.My goal was and is to help every customer the best I can and make them happy with my work when complete. Above and beyond customer service.

Well, I need some new slings for a few guns and have some down time today to look for some. I'll post pictures and update when I get out to pattern next few days.

Offline 1ST DRAW

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 11:10:25 AM »
Nice find! Congrats!

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 12:46:13 PM »
I just ordered myself a .560 from trulock, I am still going to get it sighted in and pattern it this weekend with the chokes I have here but I will be using the .560 when It arrives, hopefully. I do like the trulock chokes and wanted to test one in a .560 for 20 gauge.This was the time to do it!

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 01:15:38 PM »
Trulock is what I am running in mine.  They are quality folks.  Right up the road from me.

Canadian Tire. LOL.  I had a buddy saying we were gonna stop there for shells and I asked the same thing.  He said it was like, you know, Western Auto back in the day. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 01:29:02 PM »
I've only ever been in a Princess Auto once in 41 years, and when I went in with a buddy for something,I walked up an isle and seen a camo mesh sticking out from a bottom rack.I, of course had to go and check it out.It just happened to be two leafy suit sets for $39.99 marked down from $99.99. They are the nicest leafy suits I own for turkey hunting,I never wear the bottoms but I was not expecting to find leafy suits in a place like that.

I am waiting on a nmg leafy jacket that should be here next week,I can only hope its as nice as that one I bought in Princess Auto years back.

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 09:13:20 PM »
Welcome home, my friend.
It looks so happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 07:03:36 AM »
I will be taking three guns with me this afternoon when I am done with work to sight in and pattern, this one,mossberg 500 20 gauge and the mossberg 535 12 gauge. I really do prefer just fiber optics on my turkey guns but I can't seem to find any at this time so I used a few reflex/red dots I had here,we will se how the 20's like them.

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 10:13:20 AM »
My Weatherby SA459 20 gauge is a killer, light compact and effective. It has taken the place of my SBE2 12 and I just feel more confident with it in my hands. It has accounted for 2 turkeys so far in Bama, one at 20 yards and the other at miscalculated range later determined to be 53 yards. You should love yours if it’s anything like mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 02:33:22 PM »
I like it,I have the same gun in 12 gauge as well.I just wish I was not stuck at the house this afternoon and could go and pattern it like I was supposed too, Tomorrow is another day, and looks like a great day to shoot. I forgot I had other obligations today, or more work.