OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sunrize Custom Calls  (Read 2204 times)

Offline TalknTurkey

Sunrize Custom Calls
« on: April 01, 2021, 03:56:06 PM »
A few weeks back I stumbled across a Facebook group that Chris Walls runs for folks to post sound files. Recently, he’s started doing some live videos. He did one a couple weeks ago with Bo Bartlebaugh that I really enjoyed watching. I’m not really up on the calling competitions scene, but man is that kid talented!

Anyway, this week he did an interview with Scooter Pegg whose company is called Sunrize Custom calls. I’ve also seen some of the videos he’s posted in that group and he seems to be turning out some nice calls. Seems to be fairly new to call making, but I was pretty impressed with how his calls sound, and he seems to be a pretty down to earth guy. I don’t recall ever hearing his name mentioned on here, so I was just curious if any of you have any of his calls?

His acrylic pots seem particularly interesting. I’m not a fan of aluminum and don’t currently carry one in my vest, but that stoned aluminum in the acrylic pot he ran sure had a nice sound to it. I don’t need anymore pots, but considering picking one up from him. Just curious if anyone here is familiar with them and what you think of them?

Offline BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
Re: Sunrize Custom Calls
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 04:40:52 PM »
Been following him for several months over there. Super nice guy. Very responsive to messaging. Likes double siders, stoned aluminum and glass calls. Has built some great sounding crystals and slates as well. Will build about what you want. Would like to get a single side crystal over slate from him in a cherry pot.
Phil 4:13

Offline WVLungbuster

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 07:12:49 PM »
His calls sound very nice,

Offline Swampfoxforeman

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 02:57:27 PM »
I have his double side glass over slate. Sounds great thinking of picking up another one of his pot calls just not sure of surface. Also his mouth calls are great also.