OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Meadowcreek Mount Fit?  (Read 1487 times)

Offline tonyzzzz

Meadowcreek Mount Fit?
« on: March 31, 2021, 09:48:13 AM »
I picked up a meadow creek rib mount for my Benelli.  Checked the fit today and with the #5 shim which was the only one that went over the rib there was play right and left.  It wasn't a lot by still enough to give me concern?  Any users that can comment?

Offline madstrutter

Re: Meadowcreek Mount Fit?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 10:48:56 AM »
The spacers aren’t meant to be tight on the rib due to rib tolerances. They are simply so that the mount isn’t put on crooked. There will likely be .010-.015 play max in some guns, but some will be tight. Once it is clamped it won’t move. The slot is not even needed once it’s clamped, it could be a flat plate. It won’t move.

I’ve even seen a 6mm rib which should use the #1 spacer have to use the #3 due to the cerakote. There’s only about a .030” difference between #1 and #3.

Offline tonyzzzz

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 03:31:55 PM »
Got it.  Thanks

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 06:25:14 PM »
Sounds like a buncha mess. Bed that thing. Plastic steel and paste wax are cheap.

Offline tonyzzzz

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 07:44:54 PM »
It locks done solid and I'm pretty confident it won't be a problem. The design is very good. Fit and finist to the sight is exact.   Rib mount is always going to be a compromise over a drilled and tapped receiver.  And I am not interested in tapping my Benelli.