turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Save money and priceless shells

Started by Tom007, March 30, 2021, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Lot going on these days with ammunition, especially our turkey loads. A few years ago, I purchased a Site-lite Boresight. I use it for rifles, shotguns. This thing has paid for itself 3 fold. I bore sighted my slug gun when I had to change slugs due to mine being discontinued. It was dead on first shot. It is fantastic with turkey guns, red dots, scopes, sights. It is so precise, I have had a few guns dead on, not needing any adjustment. You can record each gun on a target chart, so if you bump the sight, or travel you can check zero. I know that shooting cheap dove/trap loads also works, but this bore sight has been a money/ammo saver. I thought that I would share this with you all due to our ammo shortage. Be safe, best of luck.

aclawrence

Nice idea. I've never thought of using one for a shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

Good idea.  I would like to find one for a .410. 

Tom007

Quote from: joey46 on March 30, 2021, 08:55:34 PM
Good idea.  I would like to find one for a .410. 
Quote from: aclawrence on March 30, 2021, 08:51:02 PM
Nice idea. I've never thought of using one for a shotgun.

It comes with different bushings that handle most gauges. One trick I use with the tight turkey chokes is I slip the laser rod through the choke, then I screw the bushing on and slip it in the barrel. This allows you to bore sight the tighter chokes without forcing the bushing in the barrel. Works great....

Jimspur

Good idea Tom - which model do you have?
                               Jim

Greg Massey

I agree Tom, I've used one for years with my rifles and shotguns, it has more than paid for itself..

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Meleagris gallopavo

I use one.   I just adjust the red dot to meet the red dot produced by the bore sight.  I still shoot the target though.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

the Ward

Laser bore sights sure do help save on ammo. There was a member here that had a thread on how he did it, with pictures also. It's been quite some time, but i think the member's name was mudhen? I can't remember what sub-forum it was in either, but i think it was similar to what you are describing Tom. It really does work well!

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: Jimspur on March 30, 2021, 09:55:27 PM
                               Jim
[/ x2 which model do you have? I am very interested in this as well.

Marc

Also...  Don't sight or bore sight with turkey loads...  Use cheap target loads to dial things in, and then use a good (turkey) load to make sure they are shooting where the target loads do.  If they shoot different it will be a small difference.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

guesswho

I've used one for several years.   And just in the last month bought one specifically for the 20 that looks like a shell.   I really like it and it's simple.   Turn it on and put in the chamber.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tom007

Quote from: Jimspur on March 30, 2021, 09:55:27 PM
                               Jim

Sorry Jim, just saw this. I have the S-L 100 model. It fits all climbers from .22 Cal to .50 Cal. -lus 20 gauge and 12 gauge shotguns. No additional  arbors required. I believe it was Less than 100 bucks.

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 30, 2021, 10:34:02 PM
I agree Tom, I've used one for years with my rifles and shotguns, it has more than paid for itself..

X2, amen. With pricing on ammo, it pays for itself real fast. Be well Greg

Tom007

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 31, 2021, 09:40:28 PM
I use one.   I just adjust the red dot to meet the red dot produced by the bore sight.  I still shoot the target though.

Amen, it does get it real close....