OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opening day lineup

Started by ChesterCopperpot, March 29, 2021, 10:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

I mean I never was one to pick out clothes for the first day of school, but I imagine this is what it felt like. After running every surface naked and clucking and cutting and yelping on yelpers till my dog and wife abandoned me, here's who gets the call for this year's opening day:

CZ 1012
Rob Roberts .660
Hevi-13 #7
Garrett Fowler slate
Buster Halford green slate
David Halloran Metal Mouth II crystal
Garrett Fowler aluminum
Fleet of JLH hens and one Lyman carbon tip
Ralph Permar delrin classic
William Lester jordan
Jack Mincey crow call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Very good!  To me part of the fun is figuring out what I think works best and whittling stuff down that makes up the "A Team".  I imagine you have many more calls and strikers than you're showing in the picture.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 29, 2021, 11:15:25 AM
Very good!  To me part of the fun is figuring out what I think works best and whittling stuff down that makes up the "A Team".  I imagine you have many more calls and strikers than you're showing in the picture.

Enough that if I didn't make such a good decision on women I'd likely be divorced I like switching things out as season goes on to, but those are the known killers and the ones I've got the most confidence in running. Toughest decision this spring was trying to decide between that Permar and an Anthony Ellis X trumpet. The X trumpet will definitely see some woods time as will a couple other jordans.

Greg Massey

Nice opening day lineup ChesterCopperpot, i have several i will use during the season and like you said i will chance them up, as you like trumpets etc, i enjoy using my box calls and pot calls..

vt35mag

So that's day one, but what does day five look like? Haha

My day one might be 4 pot calls and 2 box calls, but day two turns into only 1 or 2 pot calls.

Meleagris gallopavo

Mine will be pot calls and diaphragms.  I'll be focusing on this year's acquisitions.  I only have one turkey gun, and it's really a piece of junk.  It's an old 835 I had that I outfitted for turkey hunting.  I may trade out for a 20 gauge something or other next year.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: vt35mag on March 29, 2021, 12:46:00 PM
So that's day one, but what does day five look like? Haha

My day one might be 4 pot calls and 2 box calls, but day two turns into only 1 or 2 pot calls.
Ohhh, I always got four pots with me in the woods, might change, but day five is liable to be a 20ga and a snakewood I got from [mention]gergg [/mention].

guesswho

You carry about five more calls than I do shells :D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

owlhoot

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 29, 2021, 10:36:01 AM
I mean I never was one to pick out clothes for the first day of school, but I imagine this is what it felt like. After running every surface naked and clucking and cutting and yelping on yelpers till my dog and wife abandoned me, here's who gets the call for this year's opening day:

CZ 1012
Rob Roberts .660
Hevi-13 #7
Garrett Fowler slate
Buster Halford green slate
David Halloran Metal Mouth II crystal
Garrett Fowler aluminum
Fleet of JLH hens and one Lyman carbon tip
Ralph Permar delrin classic
William Lester jordan
Jack Mincey crow call

What ! That's it. LOL. Neat pot call holsters. You got some for the flasks too??

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: guesswho on March 29, 2021, 06:11:34 PM
You carry about five more calls than I do shells :D
One reason why I've never found a vest I wanted! Why do they always waste so much space on extra shell holders?!? What do they think we're hunting?!?! I want a vest with space for eight pots and twenty strikers

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

3bailey3