turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 red dot

Started by adeichold, March 27, 2021, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adeichold

I just purchased a Sumtoy mount for my 870. I need some help with what red dots it is compatible with. I believe the Vortex Venom and Burris FF will work. What about the Bushnell trs-25 since it is picatinny? Sorry I am just not very familiar with these mounting systems. Thanks for your help

Ozarks Hillbilly

I believe that they are specific to the optic you have.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

adeichold

The lady at Sumtoy told me the one I bought would work with the FF and Venom. I'm really wanting to know if that means it would also work with the TRS-25, but it sounds like probably not.

Thanks

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

adeichold

I bought the Sumtoy because it sounded highly recommended on here in general. I think it is supposed to sit lower than other mounts. I would appreciate hearing some pro's/cons vs a standard picatanny rail if you guys could share.

btomlin

I just mounted a Swampfox on a sumtoy RMR mount.  It sits way lower than what a P-rail and mount would sit.  I didn't even complete a full mounting with a P-rail as I could see it was going to sit much higher than I wanted.  The only "con" for me is having the dot sitting just over the bead so I colored the bead to hide it.  Not sure if that would have happen with a taller mounting.  Not much of a con...

Ozarks Hillbilly

I just swapped out my previous mounting system on my 870SM Maxx Gobbler. I went from a cut down EGW picatinny rail with a Leupold cross slot mount to a Sumtoy mount for my Leupold deltpoint pro. Made around a inch difference in mounting height off the receiver.  You do co-witness the rifle sights with the Sumtoy mount. I will also add if your Remington is factory drilled and tapped you still will need to drill and tap one hole for Sumtoy mount. The Sumtoy is shorter overall than the factory spacing of the holes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

adeichold

Great info. Thanks for the pics