OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Any one here make calls?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
Any one here make calls?
« on: March 26, 2021, 08:54:16 PM »
I'm about to start building pot calls again, and I was just wondering if anyone here made their own calls. So far I've got everything to start making pot calls again and I'm just getting started with mouth calls.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Any one here make calls?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 05:27:10 AM »
I have only made one from a kit and will be doing another kit before the season starts.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline ManfromGreenSwamp

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 05:14:31 PM »
I haven’t, but due to where I live, I get lots of river cypress and the best cedar. Friend has an industrial machine lathe I thought about getting...it was just too much machine. I see some cheaper ones that make me think about roughing some out to even see if I’d like doing it, but haven’t. I wouldn’t know where to start, but have some great ideas.

Are you cutting your own slate and glass for striking surface ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“First one to the carcass gets the most”
-T.Farley

“I’m livin ta rest, I was born tired”
-B.Button

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 08:45:35 PM »
No I buy all my playing surfaces and soundboard from brookside. I jist need to find a good local wood suplier now.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 10:47:16 PM »
I haven't tried making any calls other than mouth calls, but have been doing that for many years now. I highly recommend learning to make mouth calls to anybody that uses them.  It is a simple and inexpensive hobby that helps pass the time between turkey seasons.  It is also likely to make just about anyone a much better caller once they understand the nuances of making the calls.  :icon_thumright: