turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sight covers

Started by btomlin, March 25, 2021, 06:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btomlin

Does anyone make a sight cover that stays on or can be cinched down on the small red dots?  I don't think my swampfox cover would stay put very long going through the timber.  Maybe not required??  Just figured it may help keep the glass in good shape.  Wasn't sure if anyone knew of a neoprene scope coat type cover. 

WV Ridge Reaper

Dream plastics..I don't know if they have one for swamp fox but they carry one for about every other red dot.

btomlin

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 25, 2021, 07:07:03 PM
Dream plastics..I don't know if they have one for swamp fox but they carry one for about every other red dot.

I'll check em out.  Thanks.  So they stay on well?

RiverRoost

I fixed my rubber cover on my vortex venom to do exactly what you are wanting. I took some elastic drawstring, about like what you find in the waist of a jacket to cinch it around your waist, and poked a tiny hole in the top right behind where the glass is with a knife. Take your elastic drawstring and tie a knot on one end, thread the untied end through the hole from the bottom side( inside of the plastic cover). I then run it down the side of the receiver and underneath the receiver and tie a small loop and loop it over the bolt head that tightens the base down to the rail. It works PERFECTLY! I through my gun across my back the other day and looked up after going through some thick stuff snd the cover was dangling by the elastic string. I'll take a picture tonight.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: btomlin on March 25, 2021, 07:15:44 PM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 25, 2021, 07:07:03 PM

I'll check em out.  Thanks.  So they stay on well?
Yeah...I run a rubber wrist band on mine just to be sure...When I'm ready to use the sight I just slide the band back to the stock and take the cover off...Buy more then one cover because you will loose 1 and then be in a pinch...it never fails

Gobbler428

I take a wide rubber band and crisscross it over the rubber cover that came with my Vortex Venom passing each end under the scope itself. I do this when on the move and take it off when I set up.  Keep the rubber band on my wrist and the cover in a secure pocket either pants, shirt or vest.   Change to a new rubber band each year when I place a new battery in the Vortex - they get dry and break over time. Been doing this for 3+ years and it has worked well for me.