OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red dots and holographic sights

Started by Elidepew05, March 24, 2021, 05:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elidepew05

What brand of redot/holographic sight would y'all recommend. Going on a 12 gauge 870

btomlin

I just finished up installing a swampfox kingslayer on my 12 a few minutes ago.  I think I am really going to like it.  I've been a "brass beader" forever so this is a big change and my wife says I don't do change well.  We'll see how season goes!  Now I just need to get some nice weather so I can get it dialed in.......

tlh2865

I have a Vortex on my 3.5 12 and its awesome

ShootingABN!

Snood Life

I have used a vortex venom 3 MOA on both a 12 & 20 gauge 870. Never had any issues with it. Always has exceeded my expectations.

njdevilsb

I put a Burris Fastfire 3 on my 20 gauge last year and I love it.

GunRunner

Can you change out the battery on the Burris FF3 without removing the sight from the gun?

What about on the Vortex Venom?

GunRunner
   :gobble:

Mallard1897

Quote from: GunRunner on March 24, 2021, 09:54:42 PM
Can you change out the battery on the Burris FF3 without removing the sight from the gun?

What about on the Vortex Venom?

GunRunner
   :gobble:
Yes. The FF3 has a top cover for replacing the battery. Not sure about the vortex.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Snood Life

Vortex battery can be replaced as well without removing the sight from gun. Vortex also has a great warranty.

Txag12

Have two vortex venom. Have sent two back to them as well. Good sight, but think their quality control can be hit or miss. Last issue I had the battery terminals came unsoldered. Personally, I'm planning to upgrade to a pricier more durable sight

Number17

I have a Burris FF2, and FF3, and just got a Bushnell AR red dot.
Honestly the Bushnell might be my favorite one.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Bowguy

I'll say this again just so you have the info to consider. The fast fire is junk. I had one less than 12 hrs on a gun and returned it. The battery wouldn't screw in, I had to take a break for dinner to calm down,  (I thread things all day long for a living so it's not me) when it finally did it popped off 2nd shot. The "red dot" was a comet w parts trailing all over the screen. Before someone tells you they're great look up the battery issues. It's common. Burris is great fast fire stinks
I use a eotech but I'd prob have to recommend a holosun. The eotech is great, I just seem to like the holosun better.

bbcoach

I have a Bushnell Trophy Red dot on my 835.  It's been on it for over ten years, been on numerous trips flying and only 3 1/2's down the pipe, with Zero issues.  I believe this model has been discontinued but I've heard Great things from the TRS-25.  Good luck with your search.

old3toe

I've posted on here before about my truglo holographic sight. It's been on my 835 seven years if I remember right. Well its been awesome up til about a year ago. I think its finally fried. It's still zeroed but I've tried to tweak the elevation a click or too for certain loads/patterns but it won't adjust. Just kinda locked in place. In all fairness though it has seen LOTS of 3" and 3 1/2" magnum loads every year and been hunted hard. Still it should've held up but considering what it's been through it doesn't even really upset me. I'd still get another one and just might do that when I change this one out.

Fullfan

I have 4 of the fast fire 3, 3moa sights on my dedicated turkey guns.  Have found them on ebay new from 160-180. Many mounting options, I prefer a Sumtoy mount.  Only problem I have had was, when replacing a battery I stripped the threads on the cap. Contacted Burris and they sent me 4 new caps. And mentioned if I discover the threads on the sight where stripped. To just return it after the season and it would be replaced.
Don't gobble at me...