turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The old argument..gloves

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 24, 2021, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

I personally always wear gloves, and tell those that hunt with me to wear them too. I think it makes a difference. That said, if you are careful and attentive to your surroundings I do think you could get away with it. I just have found with the fingerless gloves I use, that it doesn't impact my ability with a pot or box.

Meleagris gallopavo

I dislike gloves myself.  I've considered using camo kt tape on the back of my hand and fingers.  Not sure how much that would cost per use, or if it's even worth it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Cut N Run

I just don't feel right without gloves.  I cut the tips off index, middle, & thumb to feel calls and the safety.  Haven't used a trumpet, so no call dampening issues.  I always carry a backup pair of gloves if necessary.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: catman529 on March 24, 2021, 04:03:22 PM
Only reason I wear gloves is because I run a camcorder. I usually take them off to run the wingbone yelper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How's the weather? We had some bad storms the past couple days?

Greg Massey

I always wear gloves, if David Owens The Pinhoti Project and The Hunting Public guys wear gloves, what does that tell you. IMO..

Vintage

I always wear gloves but have killed some with out.

Dtrkyman

always gloves, Have an ancient pair of primos gloves, several fingers cut off and a bunch of sewing repairs, those gloves have seen a lot of gobblers die, by me and many many others!

Had my Mommy sew em up for me last spring!

Wisgobbler

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 24, 2021, 08:55:16 PM
I always wear gloves, if David Owens The Pinhoti Project and The Hunting Public guys wear gloves, what does that tell you. IMO..
Love Dave's content, definitely some of the best turkey hunting stuff available. Also like Catman outdoors, Jason Cruze and Shane Simpson. But I  absolutely can not  stand the hunting public.
I'm not a glove guy, I've bought gloves over the years but I just lose them anyway. Maybe I should put a string on them like they used to do back in the really old days when I was in grade school. 

AndyH

I only wear them when it's a cool morning. It has worked for me for the last 27 seasons.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 24, 2021, 08:55:16 PM
They're like most turkey hunters? I never wear gloves or face mask unless it's cold and never had a problem. Movement will get you either way

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wrangler95

I wear net gloves and cut the fingers off the thumb and next two fingers.It doesnt deaden the sounds of your calls!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Pluffmud

I wear gloves cuz Im an Original Bottomland snob. :goofball:
Psalm 46:10

captfire

I JUST GET THE CHEAP $1.00 GLOVES BLACK ARE BROWN CUT THE TRIGGER FINGER OUT GOOD TO GO..

captpete

I wear gloves 99% of the time mostly because of the cool morning temps. I wear the cheap jersey type gloves and usually have a couple of extra pairs in the vest. They work just as good as a shirt sleeve or a sock and are easier to access when a guy forgets the TP.

Marc

I wear gloves if it is cold, and take them off as soon as it warms up...  I very much dislike gloves.

I used to wear them.  Was told (and thought) I had to.  When I have been busted, I do not believe it is cause the birds saw my hands...  Generally they saw my head move, or something even more stupid on my part.

Had some of those net gloves get caught in the trigger once, and will never wear them again for hunting.

Contrast makes movement more apparent...  Camouflage helps to reduce the contrast and make movement less apparent.  I wear a face mask, cause the face is large and shiny, and it helps to hide movement from using a mouth call.  But I figure if a bird busts me by seeing my hands, it is either time to shoot him (cause he is close), or he deserves to get away.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.