News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New gun

Started by Drycreek, March 22, 2021, 01:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeytider

Quote from: longbeards on March 28, 2021, 08:10:05 AM
I would look for a older 1990s production 870 or 1187. For the $ hard to beat and reliable!!

I would agree. Hard to beat an 870 IMO. I have three Remington guns, a `15 Remington Express, a `17 V3 and an `05 vintage 870 Super Mag SP-T. All have been faultless. The demise of Remington through mismanagement and the greed of previous owners was a travesty and a tragedy.

Howie g

My parents gave me a Stevens O/U for high school grad .
That shotgun has seen a pile of gobblers / ducks / squirrels die .
It's retired now , but every hunt I made with it or now glance at it sitting in the gun safe , I think of my parents ! I'm sure whatever you go with he will like it ????

captfire

MOSSBERG 930 ARE 935 CAN'T GO WROUNG....

grayfox

A friend of mine came by last week & he had bought a Retay. I had never heard of it. It was really nice & light, bottomland camo, drilled & tapped & looked to be of good quality. You might want to take a look at this gun before you buy. I was impressed.

Drycreek

Quote from: Howie g on March 28, 2021, 09:28:10 AM
My parents gave me a Stevens O/U for high school grad .
That shotgun has seen a pile of gobblers / ducks / squirrels die .
It's retired now , but every hunt I made with it or now glance at it sitting in the gun safe , I think of my parents ! I'm sure whatever you go with he will like it ????

I totally agree about the sentimental aspect. I still have the rifle my father gave me for graduation and i means a lot to pull it out every once in a while. That is one of the main reasons I decided to give him a gun .

Drycreek

Quote from: grayfox on March 28, 2021, 03:43:34 PM
A friend of mine came by last week & he had bought a Retay. I had never heard of it. It was really nice & light, bottomland camo, drilled & tapped & looked to be of good quality. You might want to take a look at this gun before you buy. I was impressed.

I did look at the Retay, as you said very nice gun. He was more interested in a pump and he chose the Winchester SXP. He is all set up and ready to go now. That sxp really liked the Longbeard XR #5's.