turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I heard it!!!!

Started by Paulmyr, March 20, 2021, 04:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

It was around 8:00 o'clock this mourning. Wind was blowing pretty good. Quiet all mourning.
What was that! Naw it couldn't have been! There it is again! The 1st gobbles of the season and all was well with the world again. At least for a couple months.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

lunghit

There really is nothing else like it.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Nathan_Wiles

I stood on my porch this morning and listened to one fire off 5-6x's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Snood Life

Glad you heard one. They were tight lipped for me. Sign everywhere. Good luck this year.

Wvdanimal

I know they're gobbling here but I just couldn't get myself to leave the bed this morning to go, 26 degrees!

ShootingABN!

Haven't heard many here in the South East region of MS...

I heard one bird gobble one time March 14. Land owner sees the gobblers all the time.

Hunted this whole week in different spots in the National Forest not one single gobble. 

Good luck

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: ShootingABN! on March 20, 2021, 09:52:29 PM

I heard one bird gobble one time March 14. Land owner sees the gobblers all the time.

Hunted this whole week in different spots in the National Forest not one single gobble. 

Good luck

I hunt a 1250 acre lease here in Mississippi and have only heard about 8 gobbles all week. There is scratching and tracks everywhere. All ways slow first of the season here. They gobble on the limb and hit the ground with a dozen hens. They have all they want so no need to gobble.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Tom007

I wish you all luck, keep at it, you will score...

ShootingABN!

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 20, 2021, 09:59:27 PM

Good luck

I hunt a 1250 acre lease here in Mississippi and have only heard about 8 gobbles all week. There is scratching and tracks everywhere. All ways slow first of the season here. They gobble on the limb and hit the ground with a dozen hens. They have all they want so no need to gobble.

ABN! Brother. Hope they stay silent the rest of the weekend... hahah

strum

I get all goofy inside when I hear that first one too.  Its great isn't it?  Good hunting.. looking forward to a turk story from you soon.

Sir-diealot

Saw one about a week and a half ago displaying to several hen, he was spinning and everything. I got to see him in the same area this morning. I did not have my camera either time but I am going there tomorrow morning to try to get a few shots.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: ShootingABN! on March 20, 2021, 10:05:47 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 20, 2021, 09:59:27 PM

Good luck

ABN! Brother. Hope they stay silent the rest of the weekend... hahah

Deatb from above my brother.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Paulmyr

Quote from: Tom007 on March 20, 2021, 10:01:51 PM
I wish you all luck, keep at it, you will score...

Sitting in NW Georgia right now. I'll just say that one is taking a truck ride to Minnesota with me.

This mourn was pretty quiet. Couple early gobbles that were barely audible to me out on private.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.