OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkeys morels and trout + Ghillie

Started by Muskie03, May 25, 2011, 04:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskie03

My first double, had the opportunity before just never took it.
Bird #1 22lb 11oz, 8.5" beard, 7/8" spurs
Bird #2 17lb 12oz, 10" beard, 3/4" spurs

Now that's a dirty truck!

Trout slaying #1

Is that a morel?!?!

If that aint a pretty lookin' cluster

Oh My Lord, what did I find!!!!!!

9 pounds 11 ounces of morels came from the one Elm. That's 8' tall buck brush underneath. I shed a little blood. She's a biggun'.

Trout slaying #2, occurred after picking morels in buck brush for an hour and a half.

The view on the way into turkey camp.

Country sunset

Ghillie and I just below camp at the river.

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Basser69

Two nice birds and great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

bird

Great Pictures.... What a beautiful setting.

Congrats to the both of you on your birds and a special congrats on your double.

bird

hobbes

Great photos!  Congrats on the turkey, morels, and trout!

WiLL B

timbrhuntr

Thats awesome. I need to carry my cam more often and take more pics like that. In Michigan I was lucky enough to pick up permission on a new piece of ground. Full of turkey and a big pond/lake that has trout in it. The landowner also pointed me to a woods that were full of morels. I have never picked them before but these were everywhere I stepped. Wish I would have taken some pics. I also had four toms out in front of me at the same time and could have double easily just one tag though. When I read your post I thought we must have been on the same ground, I was just missing a Ghillie to hunt with  ;) .

Great pics by the way!

ghillie

Congrats on that double!!!     :z-guntootsmiley:

Thanks again for the invite up there my friend!!  It was a blast....and quite a time indeed!!!!   Hope to do it again next year!!

Great pics!!!  BTW

ghillie

Quote from: timbrhuntr on May 25, 2011, 06:57:52 PM
Thats awesome. I need to carry my cam more often and take more pics like that. In Michigan I was lucky enough to pick up permission on a new piece of ground. Full of turkey and a big pond/lake that has trout in it. The landowner also pointed me to a woods that were full of morels. I have never picked them before but these were everywhere I stepped. Wish I would have taken some pics. I also had four toms out in front of me at the same time and could have double easily just one tag though. When I read your post I thought we must have been on the same ground, I was just missing a Ghillie to hunt with  ;) .

Great pics by the way!

Well shoot buddy!!! I'd be happy to help ya out with that next year!!!   :lol:
I could then add Michigan to the list!!!

Jay

:icon_thumright: Sweet, now that's a great outing.

timbrhuntr

Quote from: ghillie on May 25, 2011, 07:00:38 PM
Thats awesome. I need to carry my cam more often and take more pics like that. In Michigan I was lucky enough to pick up permission on a new piece of ground. Full of turkey and a big pond/lake that has trout in it. The landowner also pointed me to a woods that were full of morels. I have never picked them before but these were everywhere I stepped. Wish I would have taken some pics. I also had four toms out in front of me at the same time and could have double easily just one tag though. When I read your post I thought we must have been on the same ground, I was just missing a Ghillie to hunt with  ;) .

Great pics by the way!

I'll give that some thought. This is the first year I ever turkey hunted with another person ,went to Georgia and hunted with another board member. I'm usually a loner. 

ghillie

Quote from: timbrhuntr on May 25, 2011, 07:27:11 PM
Quote from: ghillie on May 25, 2011, 07:00:38 PM

Great pics by the way!

I'll give that some thought. This is the first year I ever turkey hunted with another person ,went to Georgia and hunted with another board member. I'm usually a loner. 

I too generally hunt alone, however, OG, i'm finding is a great place to make new friends, hunting buddies and share new experiences...I'm always up for that....heck...you all should try to get down here too....even with what DNR charges for hunting Iowa!!

Muskie03

Quote from: ghillie on May 25, 2011, 06:58:48 PM
Congrats on that double!!!     :z-guntootsmiley:

Thanks again for the invite up there my friend!!  It was a blast....and quite a time indeed!!!!   Hope to do it again next year!!

Great pics!!!  BTW

The pleasure was all mine Steve, I like sharing some of the prettiest turkey country you'll ever find. Throw in some trout, morels and a dead gobbler and it gets even better. Plus an amazing place to camp. To bad we never had the weather for a campfire. That really would have sealed the deal. Now for them walleye's Mille Lacs is famous for.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

ncturkey

Cool looking place. Awesome turkey and trout and mushrooms too.

LX_Trkyhntr

I just have to ask... Do you guys up north not use a stringer?  :lol: What's with the stick to carry your fish on?
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i