Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Slim fitting turkey vest recommendations?

Started by MattBordas, March 17, 2021, 09:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattBordas

Hi Guys! I'm looking for a new turkey vest and the biggest thing for me is the fit. I'm a lean guy, about 6 foot 170 and built thin. I've found that most vests even fully tightened down are still loose fitting and always sliding around when I'm moving quickly. Does anyone have a recommendation for a vest that fits pretty tight but still has a seat? I don't mind spending extra for a quality vest it's something I don't replace very often.

Tom007

Take a look at the Under Armour Trax Vest. Tighter, slimmer fit....good luck...

Wigsplitter

Check the new grounded impact vest out... lots of adjustments to get it fitting snug and a great seat!!

Gumby

Quote from: Wigsplitter on March 17, 2021, 10:01:34 PM
Check the new grounded impact vest out... lots of adjustments to get it fitting snug and a great seat!!
Ditto

jordanz7935

Im built the same and feel your pain when it comes to vests. I got the badlands vest last season and love it. Fits great and rides higher than most vests. The seat is great nice and comfortable and not too big. The camo is a little different but blends well in the spring woods and with other camo. Watch some reviews on it, im bettin itll fit the bill.

ScottTaulbee

I've had great luck with the RNG 200 and 300 and the new nomad pursuit vest. I'm 6'2 about 190 and I have the same problem, the nomad pursuit is a little loose fitting in the shoulder strap part but other than that I like it as well as my RNG's and it has a game bag, which is my only fault with the RNG vests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jeremy

RNG 200 or 300 both offer a ton of adjustment. I have my daughter in one and she's 8...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

I am short and slim, and the only vest I could find to fit me was the Cabela's Tat'r.

I cannot even find the original for sale anymore, and don't even know if they make it???  Well designed vest that has held up for me.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Upfold99

RNG offers the most adjustment, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MattBordas

Tom007

Quote from: jordanz7935 on March 17, 2021, 10:13:27 PM
Im built the same and feel your pain when it comes to vests. I got the badlands vest last season and love it. Fits great and rides higher than most vests. The seat is great nice and comfortable and not too big. The camo is a little different but blends well in the spring woods and with other camo. Watch some reviews on it, im bettin itll fit the bill.

Agreed on this Badlands vest. It does fit and adjust snug. It does ride a little higher, so I added some camo shoulder strap  cushions to the straps and that allows me to lower it a bit. Nice and comfortable too. Very well laid out vest. Be safe...

btomlin

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 18, 2021, 12:49:15 AM
Eat more tacos

Or drink craft beer during a pandemic.....I have packed it on this year!  Slooowwwwly it is coming off.

bbcoach

I have a RNG 200 in the classifieds that I wore on one hunt last year.  Great adjustability and comfortable seat.  http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,100687.0.html