OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call me crazy

Started by Mossyguy, March 16, 2021, 11:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Not crazy at all. Kudos to you buddy. The turkey Gods will smile on you. I will not kill a bird that I dont play the game with. Just my preference. In my younger days it was all about the numbers now its about the game and being able to be in Gods creation. I still hammer them and have killed way more than my shair but if I never kill another I had a awesome run.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

WildTigerTrout

Okay I will call you crazy since you asked nicely! Ha.  Great self control. I admire that trait. Save them for a better day.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Cut N Run

Good on you.  I enjoy hunting on pretty days when there's better chance he's going to show off.  Sounds like you stand a good chance of having them stay around (no witnesses to the killing) and should get the opportunity for a better experience.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

TauntoHawk

It hasn't been often but when I've let birds walk I have never regretted it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wvdanimal

Nope,  consider myself a fan of rainy day gobblers. I'll take a downpour any day in spring season,  shows difference between a person who goes turkey hunting and a turkey hunter! Total different ballgame than a bright sunny day hunt.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Marc

Quote from: guesswho on March 16, 2021, 03:15:16 PM
  Besides, wet gobblers taste funny.
Not if you take the feathers off first...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

camotoe

Hope he got to breed some more hens for ya .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howie g

" some " will say a dead gobbler is a dead gobbler , but IMO it matters " how " you kill em .
For me , I've let many of em go that I just walked up on by chance etc . It took me lots of years to get
Past the just kill em stage , but since I have gotten past the numbers game and realized turkey hunting is not
A competition,, I'm at a better place in life .  Some will not get this ,  but I bet some will ...

Fullfan

Good for you. I don't see or understand why guys get excited but setting in a bling w 4-6 decoys waiting on a gobbler to walk past. They must have never felt the rush of working a bird, or having them come gobbling looking for you..
Don't gobble at me...

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Howie g on March 17, 2021, 07:33:31 AM
" some " will say a dead gobbler is a dead gobbler , but IMO it matters " how " you kill em .
For me , I've let many of em go that I just walked up on by chance etc . It took me lots of years to get
Past the just kill em stage , but since I have gotten past the numbers game and realized turkey hunting is not
A competition,, I'm at a better place in life .  Some will not get this ,  but I bet some will ...
I totally understand.  I'm that way with fly fishing for trout.  It matters to me how I catch them not about how many.  It's not all about size either.  I look to catch the "Hard" trout regardless of size.  I gave up on numbers as it's not important to me any more. I have nothing to prove. It's the same with turkey hunting.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

surehuntsalot

sounds like a great hunt to me
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Crghss

Kudos to you, that's not the way I prefer to hunt either.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...