Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Happy Eggshell Challenge Cup

Started by GobbleNut, March 14, 2021, 10:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManfromGreenSwamp

Well...I've worked my butt off now I can relax and get up at 4am to chase gobbler birds for 8 days straight.
If I can't post a bird in that many days in these places, I just need to quit! Lol

Pic of work...
Big gobbler in burn unit next day.

Hope to chime in plenty soon this week coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Happy

Geez man. You don't need to burn the woods down to kill a gobbler! Thats some Yosemite Sam stuff there! Good luck on the hunting! Remember its never over until you quit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

ManfromGreenSwamp

Quote from: Happy on April 01, 2021, 08:15:32 AM
Geez man. You don't need to burn the woods down to kill a gobbler! Thats some Yosemite Sam stuff there! Good luck on the hunting! Remember its never over until you quit.

Thanks...
Found where that silent birds been roosting and burned him out!

-T.Farley

-B.Button

GobbleNut

Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on April 01, 2021, 08:43:59 AM

Thanks...

;D  I suspect someone in the crew was saying "Whoops!" about that time?...   :o

Happy

Reminds me of a time that a town i lived near had a huge crow issue. They where roosting in the town by the thousands. After a few months some enterprising fellow pitched the idea of lacing their roost tree with concussion grenades to scare them off once they got settled in for the night. The town approved it and gave fair warning to all the residents. Well this fellow waited until the dead of night and the trees were covered in roosting crows before he touched it off. What he and the towns people were not prepared for was the reaction that startled birds have when something like this happens. There were plenty of unhappy citizens when they went to get in their cars to go to work the next morning.:)

ManfromGreenSwamp

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 01, 2021, 08:52:50 AM
Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on April 01, 2021, 08:43:59 AM

Thanks...

;D  I suspect someone in the crew was saying "Whoops!" about that time?...   :o
It was something along the lines of
"SEND WATER!!!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!!"

-T.Farley

-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

Ok... Florida birds seem to be henned up. Soooo... I drove four hours to my buddies farm in Alma,Ga. to hunt for 5 days at a chance of eastern variety. We'll see! I'm trying guys...this contest put a hex on me!

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Happy

Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on April 04, 2021, 06:31:02 PM
Ok... Florida birds seem to be henned up. Soooo... I drove four hours to my buddies farm in Alma,Ga. to hunt for 5 days at a chance of eastern variety. We'll see! I'm trying guys...this contest put a hex on me!

This is actually just that "oh crap" realization that the team your up against is pretty darned good. :) actually I am just talking out of my rear cause we aren't allowed on the court yet.

Kdp1080

Guess you forgot about the East Tn boys

ManfromGreenSwamp

Kdp represents!!!
Well, looks like it's you and I against this Eggshell and Happy right now...lol
Them boys bess be lucky I'm in these no spur havin' Ga birds

-T.Farley

-B.Button

eggshell

Everyone's a champion before the game.... it won't be long and the big dogs will be unleashed.

They were really on the move the last couple days here. I think the flocks are breaking up and the old birds are establishing their turf. I have seen them in the fields and I sat and listened to one old gobbler work his way across a ridge for a half mile. I saw a dandy in the pasture field Saturday, he played that game all last spring and I gave him a pass. He looked pretty good through the binocs, so I may just pull his card this spring.

Happy

Congrats fellows! Better send a picture to gobblenut. He is probably lost and trying to call in an ostrich somewhere in Texas.

eggshell

Quote from: Happy on April 05, 2021, 08:32:37 AM
Congrats fellows! Better send a picture to gobblenut. He is probably lost and trying to call in an ostrich somewhere in Texas.

There's no spurs or beards on road runners either  :goofball:

ManfromGreenSwamp

Sooo...how many we allowed to enter is it two just biggest or biggest of the season ? If I get bigger ones can I log them 3 GA and 2 FL, only biggest counts for my entry as a snood team member?

I tried to find rules page but some reason Tapatalk isn't pulling it up with the limited service I have.

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Happy

If I remember right you can upgrade as many times as you would like but can only enter one for the competition.