OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TK2000 shot cup question?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline ybuck

TK2000 shot cup question?
« on: March 13, 2021, 08:10:50 PM »
looking at a TK2000.
I cannot find any shot cups.
My question now is.....do i really need them?
Can the gun be used without them? Many thanks.
Steve.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 10:16:40 AM by ybuck »

Offline DocHolliday

Re: TK2000 shot cup question?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 10:33:48 AM »
Of course it can be used especially with lead shot. Loading procedure is different and you need card wads and probably fiber wads both of which are challenging to find right now. Your pattern is going to change as well- not likely to improve-but you might be surprised. Only way to find out is to shoot it.

BTW, have you looked at Ballistic Products? The Knight wads are the Multi Metal 12 ga 3 or 3-1/2” wads. Can’t remember what length
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 10:44:51 AM by DocHolliday »

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
Re: TK2000 shot cup question?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 04:46:47 PM »
Either one will work from BPI.  I use the 3.5" but one of the users on here gets good results with the 3".  he posted his load and components from BPI.  If they say out of stock on the website, I called them and the dude said they fill from orders on the web first, so order them to get in line.  I ordered mine and they were here in 2 weeks.  There are several "recipes" on here for you to start with. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.